Tuesday, July 26, 2016

California Wildfires

It is late Tuesday afternoon and I had a different post in mind~that is until I got a text that said there is a wildfire in Carmel Valley.  All the fires in California have me concerned, but this one imparticularly-because my best friend since high school lives in the mountains above Carmel Valley and they are always on the lookout.  I texted her immediately and while the fire is a couple of ridges over, she was being evacuated at the moment.  The hills are covered with shrub oak, dry grasses and dry trees and the fire is too close to them.  How does one evacuate on a moments notice?  Hopefully, for those that live in the mountains, surrounded by trees, you have things ready to be packed in the cars quickly.  I've seen reality shows where they do a fire drill to see just how long it takes to get things loaded and get out.  When we lived in northern Ca. we backed up to open space, we had wildfires that were just too close for comfort.  My heart goes out to all those who are facing this, whether in California or Colorado or another state.  Bless the firefighters and crews working in such dangerous conditions.  May those who have lost their homes be comforted by others.  My angels assist those fighting the blazes and keep them safe.

Noreen

6 comments:

  1. Saying prayers that all will be safe including the animals in the forests. Wildfires are terrible, especially when they are started by someone being careless. Special hugs to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing up in SoCal we sat several times on our front porch with our belongings in our car ready to head out. Fortunately, we never lost anything, but I am always praying when fires break out. Your friends, and others in the areas where there are fires right now, are in my prayers! Blessings, Cindy xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These fires are just horrible! We will keep your friend and everyone else in harms way in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so scary here at this time of year. We have one close by burning near Camp Pendelton
    Hope everyone is safe.
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is so dry that these fires get huge. Hope they get control of it quickly. The fire fighters do an outstanding job.

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noreen, it is so sad. Every year we have so many fires. I feel so sorry for the people losing their homes and for the wonderful fire fighters putting their lives on the line. This heat wave we are having does nothing to help them either. When we talk about the soft summer breezes, that is the worst thing for the fires.. Hope it gets better soon..Take care..Judy

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14