Monday, July 18, 2016

Eye Candy

Happy Monday to you all. I hope you had an enjoyable weekend and got to do some things that feeds your spirit. I still have one more day of sharing Oregon with you, but wanted to share a few more quilts and miscellaneous items with you. As you know, Sisters had a big quilt show and the town was decked out in full array the entire week. The towns nearby~Bend, Redmond and smaller towns were also doing their best to draw quilters in and provide classes as well as sales for them. One store in Bend actually had a gallery filled with quilts~this is where I saw these dog quilts.
 This is the pattern for the small wall hanging I'm making, except mine is in red and white for Christmas.
I was missing our Hunter, so when I saw a group of dog  quilts I had to take photos of them.

This horse quilt was beautiful and so detailed, with shading etc. In fact, on a wall next to it was a quilt with elephants on it-it was spectacular, but now photos were allowed.
Found this sign in Sisters and it looks perfect hanging above our fireplace, it says it all.
Barb had a welcome basket for me-she made the basket herself(she's so talented), filled it with books whose story line was quilting, two fat quarters, some notions and three Row by Row patterns.
Another dog quilt. I've  always loved Border Collies and this quilt was so pretty.
Some of the patterns from quilt stores on the way to Bend that Barb picked up for me.
Loved this patriotic quilt.
I spent a bit of time on Saturday and  yesterday downstairs working on my wall hanging.  I've got my other quilt pinned on the wall, but want to finish the Christmas one first.  We also celebrated two birthdays yesterday-our second grandson Mr. B turned 13 and hubby has one year before he can get Medicare. You know you're getting older when social securing and medicare are things you look forward to.  The family had already thrown a bd party for hubby at the end of June, so we had lunch with the family, which is always such fun and then I took hubby out for dinner.  He has always been a person who doesn't like a lot of attention over his birthday and doesn't want presents.  Recently he lost his Hydroflax insulated water bottle, so I got him a new one and also a gc to our favorite restaurant.  WE were still so full from lunch that we only had Starters for dinner-we shared a Caesar salad and he had lobster stuffed shrimp while I had mussels. It was the perfect size; he also got a free dessert for his birthday.
Today I'm thinking about walking and riding~I've got to get back in the routine. I walked this weekend but seemed more tired afterwards.  Amazing how that can happen so quickly.  I'm still trying to get into my routine and trying to get around to everyone's blog to catch up.
I hope you have a great day.
Noreen

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that blue and white quilt! My favorite color combo. Thanks for sharing the pix!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilts are beautiful
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful quilts - we can't wait to see your red and white one!!!

    Happy Birthday to your hubby. Our Dad's is this Wednesday.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed seeing the quilts. Love the red white and blue one. Birthdays are always fun to celebrate. We celebrated Joel's 70th recently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to both guys! Those are some amazing quilts!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful quilts. I've passed the social security age and fast approaching the Medicare age. But, not collecting SS just yet and won't use Medicare until Hubby officially retires. Hopefully they are both still functioning at that time. :o)) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilts! Those animals are amazing, such detail and work involved.
    I love your Family sign, very nice for hanging over the fireplace.

    Enjoy getting back into your routine.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14