Wednesday, July 27, 2016

It's outdoor Wednesday and I will be going on a bike ride shortly. I wanted to update you all on the Carmel Valley fire~although I haven't talked to my friend today, as of late last night they were still on call about when they needed, if they needed to evacuate. Although they've lived in the mountains for 20+ years, one never gets used to the threat of wildfires. It was two ridges over from her home-which seems like a lot, but fires can jump ridges in no time. Their forecast is hot and humid, with wind, until Sunday. I'll be calling her soon to check in. I would either be wanting to stay at home or have my car loaded with everything, including the dogs if I needed to run into town. This reminds me to continue to pray for those being impacted by wildfires and for those brave men and women fighting them.

 So on to a different subject~I wanted to share some of the stores we went to in the Bend area. Of course, the first one is a well known store in Sisters, The Stitchin Post. We visited it 16 years ago when we were there; it is just as fun as I remember.
Next is BJ's Quilt Basket; it is a wonderful store that has so much fabric.  We took our first class there; they have a delightful staff and facility.  Loved it.
The Quilter's Attic was a cute, little store. It is for sale and all the fabric was very inexpensive.
Sew Many Quilts was in a warehouse and huge!!! It was two buildings; I got a book there and a panel.  Could have spent hours shopping, but we had the hubby's along and mine was getting antsy.
We enjoyed the upstairs of Quiltworks, where they had a gallery.  So fun to see the different quilts before I got overwhelmed by so many in Sisters.

Well, I haven't yet trimmed the border but here is my first project-I've got to trim it up today and then draw in the patterns I will be quilting. It isn't perfect, but I love it and think it will make a great Christmas wall hanging.  I have a new saying-Perfection is over rated.  I don't want my quilts to look like they were manufactured overseas on a machine.  I strive to do my best, but I have gotten to the point where I'm not going to hide my projects because they aren't award winners.
I hope you have a great day, filled with contentment. If you live near an area that is besieged with fires, please be safe. Hugs,
Noreen

3 comments:

  1. the fires are so bad and so scary. Our human brother has two very good friends who have had to evacuate their homes. We wish the best for them and your friends.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your quilting philosophy! It matches mine to a T.

    Praying for your friends - and all those living in the Carmel Valley. As well as those fighting the fires.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love your quilt! The red and white are so striking! Our paws are crossed that your friends don't have to evacuate but will be safe.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14