Friday, July 1, 2016

A Family Luau

Happy Friday to you. This week our two daughters, sil's and grands threw a party for hubby. It was a combination Father's Day and Birthday and the theme was his favorite foods when we are in Kauai. They went over the top with preparation and spared no expense. It was such a blessing to see my hubby honored this way.  Such a blessing to see the creativity and love of our family poured out.
The entry was decked out perfectly.


Two cousins celebrating too.
The Hostess's with the mostest.

The dinner menu consisted of Yellow Fin Ahi tacos.  A staple when we are in the islands.

Kim made all the sushi and even made Yellow Fin Sushi.  A first for her; they do make vegetable sushi on a regular basis, but this was her first using raw fish.
Chicken for the kiddos and grilled pineapple.
This was a new fish for me to try-raw Salmon Poke.  It was so good!
Hunter on alert.

The family enjoying a beautiful summer evening. Most of the kids were playing on the tramp or the zip line.
The girls have been talking about having a luau for years and I'm so glad it finally came together.
We also came home with leftovers, which we enjoyed last night.
Today I have an annual eye exam and then will spend the day packing and grocery shopping.  We are also having some friends over for a simple dinner tonight-probably taco salad.
I hope you have a great day.  Don't know how often I will be posting next week-hopefully a lot from the quilt show.
Hui Hou or Until we meet again~
Noreen

10 comments:

  1. That luau looked like it was so much fun! Your daughters are so sweet and thoughtful ... but then the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it? 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That was an amazing feast! Enjoy the Sisters Show!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW,that was quite the feast!!! Such a beautiful loving family. Amazing how much those two young girls resemble their special Moms!!!

    Happy 4th.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to celebrate their dad and grandpa! Soo sweet. And it looks sooo good too. I am impressed with their sushi making abilities. How wonderful it is that your family can gather so often and enjoy each other. Have a wonderful 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noreen, That is a great party for the birthday boy. Hope he truly enjoyed himself. I am wishing all of you a great holiday weekend, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous party!!!!!!! That is so incredibly special and the food looked amazing!! catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super fun family event that must have been. So much room to play and enjoy in that gorgeous yard. Enjoy this 4th of July weekend! Blessings, Cindy xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun event, very impressive looking food too. Enjoy your quilting time and we'll look forward to hearing all about it. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun was that? What a great party and the food looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14