Thursday, July 21, 2016

A Dog's Life

It's Thankful Thursday and today I am so very thankful for the dogs that make up part of our family. To me a house isn't a home, without a dog living there. I have a sign in my sewing room that says "Life without a dog, I don't think so" and that sums up my heart on the matter. So we had Lily over last weekend and Hunter just loves her. They are so much alike and get along so well.

Of course, Copper has stolen our hearts as well. She has the sweetest temperament of any dog I've ever known, besides Hunter of course. She is so intelligent and loves to please.

The two other dogs I love to pieces belong to Kim's family. Sampson, now around 13 yrs old, is a huge Newfie mix weighing in at 120 lbs. He is one incredible dog and has saved the family and little ones from many snakes. While he does shed, he is worth his weight in gold. It's going to be a sad day when Sampson is no longer around. The smallest pup in Kim's household is Petrol~a miniature Schnauzer who is more the size of a toy. She is smart and loyal and fits in perfectly.
I'm off walking this morning and then will meet the girls and grands at the pool, for water play and lunch.  I hope you have a fantastic, blessed Thursday.
Joy to you!
Noreen

10 comments:

  1. That's beautiful! I have a little sign in my office that a friend sent me that speaks to my heart, too. It reads, "Chase your dreams. Or your tail. Whatever." :) Oh, to live the joy our dogs feel!!!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I love having a dog and can't imagine my life without one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better than having a doggy in your life
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the doggone truth!!!!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom feels the same way. She doesn't think there was ever a time in her life when she didn't have a dog except for about 10 months when she and Dad were first married and the apt. didn't allow pets. That's probably why they moved:)

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom says that she can't imagine life without us in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling, darling furbabies!!! Did you ever check out the blog I told you about with the dog that looks just like Copper? They look like twins!!! DakotasDen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup dogs are the best I cant imagine my life with out them . Lovely post and photos , Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to agree, Noreen. Life would not be complete without a dog or two around. Have a lovely weekend..Judy

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14