Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Outdoor Wednesday and Meeting in the Flesh

Happy Wednesday to you all! We are back home after a wonderful time away; loved each minute of the day with our friends and a bonus was that when we stopped in Ogden, Utah for the night on Monday we got to meet, in the flesh and furs~ Carol, Bob, Murphy and Stanley. This was such a special time for me, as I've been blogging buddies with Carol and her boys since I started blogging-or at least it seems like that. If you don't know Carol, stop by and say hello. You can find them here:
http://murphyandstanley.blogspot.com
We met in front of the hotel we were staying at and took a walk through a city park and even heard incredible music. We had been on the road for 10+ hours and we kept our visit short~hubby was pretty hungry. These boys are just the sweetest!  There personalities are wonderful.  Meeting Carol's hubby Bob was pretty special too.  They showed us a place where we could eat and it was great. We both had salads; we ate so well with our friends and my scale attests to it.  Back to walking and riding for me, plus lots of salads.
Since I was missing my boy so much, I loved the kisses Stanley gave me.
If I had more time I would have wanted to meet Michelle and also Vickie-two other blogging friends.
We left Ogden at 8:00 yesterday morning and arrived home by 3:00 p.m.  That included a gas stop, lunch at Subway and stopping at one quilt shop in Cheyenne.
It was so good to pick up Hunter and then unpack.  Lots of laundry to do and mail to sort through.
I just want to tell my hubby how much I appreciated this trip.  It was a trip of a lifetime for me~Sisters has been on my radar for many, many years.  He willingly went to lots of quilt stores and walked(till we were ready to drop)for hours at the quilt show.  It only is held for one day and they have 1300 quilts to see.  I was exhausted when it was over.  A big thank you to all those who work so long to put this show on.
Have a great day!
Hugs, Noreen

7 comments:

  1. That's so wonderful that you got to meet up!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to meet a fellow blogger. And I agree...your husband is such a sweetie for taking you on such a trip where your passion for quilting was soo fed. Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous photos!! It is so great that you were able to get-together!!
    DakotasDen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meeting fellow bloggers is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We think your hubby must be wonderful to go quilting! Stanley has no shortage of kisses either. Loved to meet you both and maybe one day Hunter too?

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful, blogging friends are one of a kind-- the best kind!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful meet up, Carol, Bob and the boys are such a special family!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14