Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Tuesday's Treasures

Good Morning friends! When March began, the weather person predicted that it would come in like a lamb and go out like a lion; that certainly seems to be the case here in Colorado. Last week we got about 7" of snow and tomorrow we are supposed to get some more as well as Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Really?! Today seems like it will be a nice day and I will be at home, so hoping to get Hunter out for a walk. I don't like it when I miss our walks and I'm pretty sure he doesn't like it either. I have two granddaughters coming over this morning so think I'll take them along. This is the last block I finished for the Splendid Sampler sew along; I like it a lot. I've skipped the embroidery blocks; I also am starting another sampler that the club I've joined is doing. It is a traditional quilt, so I'm sure I'll like it.

I mentioned yesterday that I was visiting a friend and getting a necklace for another friend whose birthday is tomorrow. Here is the necklace I bought my neighbor-isn't it gorgeous!

When I got to my friends yesterday she also had a present waiting for me, although my birthday is not for another week. She was so thoughtful, my gift held a soy candle, a pair of small bunny salt&pepper shakers and a book by Philip Yancey. She knew Mr. Yancey's mom quite well and I was touched at the gifts.
My friend sells her items on Poshmark, which I'd never heard of before. I love her stones and am sure my neighbor will love this also.
Well, I want to get downstairs before the girls get here, so I best bid you good day.
Seize the day!
Noreen

6 comments:

  1. Happy early Birthday! Hope you are having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt block - and that necklace is gorgeous!
    Our weather is all over the place - typical Kansas. Today, it's in the 70s as I write. Thursday morning, we're expecting windchill in the teens and a chance of snow. It's crazy.
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  3. What thoughtful gifts - both ways! Yes, it is snowing here today. Luckily nothing is sticking. It was beautiful in St. George!

    Your just back from vacation pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Join the Snow Club! We are supposed to get over a foot in the next 24 hours-heavy, wet stuff. UGH
    Love your quilt block and the necklace is a pretty piece.
    Hope you had a good day- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were about 97 yesterday, but windy and 79 today. You will enjoy a beautiful spring/summer with all this snow! Hopefully it will help during the fire season! May the rest of your week be blessed! Cindy xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mild with cloud here maybe rain but the rest of our Provence more north of us is in for some nasty weather . Lovely gifts and pretty quilt ! Thanks for sharing , have a good day !

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14