Friday, March 18, 2016

A Treasured Concealed by Tracie Peterson review

Once again, Tracie Peterson has shown me why I love her books.  Tracie weaves a story of historical fiction, rich with developed characters and bound with faith.  She has accurately portrayed the struggles of gold miners lives as well as the cost to their families.  This story in the first in Sapphire Brides and set in Montana in the late 1800's. 
Here is the synopsis from the authors website:
"Emily Carver wants a home where she can put down roots instead of following her gold-hungry father from one mining camp to another. She also longs for tenderness and love, both of which are missing in her life. Yet when she realizes she’s losing her heart to the intriguing new man in camp, she fiercely fights her feelings, afraid that love will only result in disappointment and heartache.
Caeden Thibault, a young geologist, comes to Montana to catalog minerals indigenous to the state. He’s a serious and guarded young man trying to escape the pain of his past. He has avoided all romantic entanglements, fearing he might become like his abusive father. But something about Emily Carver has caught his attention, something he never expected. . . .
Will these two broken souls allow God to bring healing and hope to their hurting hearts?"

I would rate this book a diamond rating and I can't wait to her next book in the series.
I was provided this book free of charge, from Bethany House a division of Baker Publishing, for my honest review.  If you enjoy historical fiction, you will definitely want to get a hold of this book.
Thank you once again to Bethany House for their blogger review program.  If you are interested in this, you can find them here:  http://bakerpublishinggroup.com/bethanyhouse/bookreviewers?utm_source=Blogger Reviewer& 

Noreen

3 comments:

  1. I do love Tracie Peterson books. She really pulls you into the story, and she is an excellent writer, as you said. Enjoyed your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Spring Noreen. Excellent review for Tracie Peterson. I do miss reading a good book. With warmer weather coming, perhaps, I can sit outside with my dogs and read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy cspring to you! Your book sounds very wonderful.
    Love
    Tweedles

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14