Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Blessed Beyond Measure

Happy Wednesday to you! Yesterday was a wonderful day and a great way to start a new year in my life. I decided to spoil myself in the morning by getting a pedi and mani. I haven't had a manicure in many years, mainly because I didn't feel the need for one and being a hand quilter tends to trash my nails. However, I really needed some attention to my cuticles and it felt so good to have one. I also had been fighting a cold and just wanted a pick me up. That along with some natural immune boosters did the trick. Yeah! Here are all the beautiful cards I got, again I was so blessed by the outpouring of love.
Last night we gathered at Carrie's house to celebrate; only 1/2 were there, the others were dealing with a cold. The girls and their families went in on a "summer" theme and presented me with these wonderful gifts.  One of my favorite sayings, that is heard repeatedly, is Choose Gratitude and I got a shirt with that on it. In fact, I'm wearing it right now-love it; it is so soft and I know I'll be wearing it a lot.  I also got a waterproof bag to put my phone, wallet and keys in when we go to the pool or somewhere that they might get wet. I got candy bars, dried fruit, an HGTV magazine, sunscreen, lip balm, nail polish, beautiful note cards by an artist whose work I love and a soy candle, all items designed for our relaxing summer. 
Barbara sent me a beautiful infinity scarf she made and a gorgeous pair of earrings.  Another friend gave me some foot lotion and a pumice stick-she knows I always want me feel looking nice and one set of granddaughters gave me some lavendar soap that they made.
Carrie fixed my favorite dessert-a flourless chocolate torte. She served it with strawberries and whipped cream. Can you say delicious! 
One of the other fun aspects of an incredible evening was that Hunter is getting adjusted to this beauty; Copper is already taller than Hunter and Lily.  Hunter is enjoying playing tag with Copper in the yard and can actually outrun here; it is amazing how tired they both get after chasing each other. Before you know it, Copper will outrun our little guy. 
I know by the time we get back from our getaway, Hunter should have settled in with his new cousin. I imagine she will be evening taller by the time we get back.
Today, I'm ironing and packing for Friday, also need to figure out just what clothes to take and what to leave home. Usually I pack lightly for this trip, but I've pulled lots out to look at.  I've also got two books to take with me, so that while I'm outside relaxing in the sun I'll have something to read. 
Thank you for all the birthday wishes.
Have a great day!
Hugs, Noreen

9 comments:

  1. Lots of goodies you got there . Glad you had a good Birthday . WOW ! the new pup is growing fast . Hope you have a lovely trip . Thanks for sharing , Have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday celebration! Love your gifts and Cooper is so darn cute. Have a nice trip.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fantastic birthday. Good for YOU!!
    Any interest in seeing seals(had 5 seals near the airport yesterday) or the albatross chicks during your visit?? You and John must also do the Stone Dam walk. You are welcome to be my guest at a water exercise class Saturday a.m. At 8:30 at the Kapa'a pool if you desire. I know you'll be awake!!! 2 days!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you got lots of love on your special day! Maybe by the time you get back Copper will be giving Hunter pony rides BOL! Enjoy your trip!

    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noreen, Happy Birthday. You sure are a pretty lady. I love your gifts and cards. Yes, do treat yourself. I tell people that all the time...but find it hard to treat myself. LOL. Blessings for a fun filled trip...be safe going and coming. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you had an amazing one!! xxxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Noreen, sounds like you had a wonderful day, lots of out pouring of love from all your loved ones. Who could ask for anything more?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your day sounds wonderful.. And we hope your cold is better.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to you!! I bet that cake was amazing! How fun to have a 'summer theme' birthday. Having a celebration every spring kinda makes the gifts revolve around that, right?

    Hope your day today is a relaxing one, basking in the glow of your special day. Hope that cold clears up soon too.
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14