Monday, August 19, 2013

Happy Monday to you!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend in your neck of the woods.  We had a good one, pretty relaxed with nothing too exciting to report.  I am happy to report I started quilting on Saturday and although I thought I was going to keep it simple, I have added more stitching.  In the afternoon we picked up Lily; she spent the night while her family went on a monthly ministry commitment.  In the afternoon, our friend came over with their puppy Bentley-now 5 mos old.  They have a family wedding over Labor Day weekend and asked if we could dog sit for them.  Because Lily will be here at the same time, we wanted to let all three dogs play and get to know each other.
It went well and I think Bentley's time here will be care free; I will say he has so much energy that our two Bichons look really laid back. Yesterday, hubby golfed in the morning and then after he got home we went to an AKC dog show in a nearby town.  I was disappointed that we only saw one Bichon; however I did get a "I love my Bichon" license plate holder.  The afternoon was spent quilting.  Today I will be going on a bike ride and more stitching I'm sure. 
Our weather is definitely showing signs of fall; I need to see what the Old Farmer's Almanac says about our fall and winter.  Hubby has been watching the America's Cup Sailing Race in San Francisco.  It has been fun to watch with him!
I hope you had a restful weekend and are starting the week on a good note!
Blessings,
Noreen & Hunter

8 comments:

  1. Did you change you quilting pattern or are you just making the quilting more dense? As I've been piecing my storm at sea blocks, I've been pondering how to quilt them. Right now I'm leaning toward some fairly dense outline quilting, but we'll see. I want to make a couple of bed quilts for my grandsons, so I may be too anxious to get started on them and may keep the quilting on the storm at sea moderately dense so it won't take so long before I can get started on the boys' quilts.

    What kind of pup is Bentley? Glad that the three all got along well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good week-end to me. Can't believe Fall is already around the corner. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always so nice to catch-up with you Noreen, our two babies would have a blast playing with yours.~smile~

    I too, see and feel fall in the air,which BTW just happens to be my favorite season.
    Enjoy your bike ride, at some point today I will be on my treadmill. I have been off for ten days, we have had family visiting, I like Monday as it gives me a fresh start.
    As far a quilting, learning how is on my bucket list, in the meantime I will admire the handiwork of gifted women like you, Doniene, and others.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three playful dogs. You are certain to be busy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a relaxing time!!! Always fun to stitch and enjoy the weather. We have been a little cooler. I sat outside for awhile on Saturday and stitched on a binding! So pleasant.

    Blessings, hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had quite a busy weekend all in all. Hope you will share a picture of your quilting project at some time. I'll bet that Bentley is getting cute! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, I hope that you get some photos of the three of them playing together over Labor Day! :-D

    Your trip to my areas sounds wonderful! I hope that the weather behaves for you all, as I type there's huge thunder and lightning storms going on above the house! Try to take Hunter to some of the great hiking trails we have around Los Altos while you're here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there Noreen,
    It seems that you had a pretty awesome trip - judging from your many beautiful photos! Welcome home!
    You are VERY industrious with your quilting. Sometimes I wish you lived closer - then you could possibly motivate me to tackle the 'unfinished' quilting projects in my Den. Maybe the arrival of our Spring will do the trick. (One or two buds are showing their pretty green leaves, so I am sure fall is upon you.)
    Sending lotsaluv
    C

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14