Tuesday, March 20, 2012

It never ceases to amaze me at how talented and generous bloggers are! Last week I received an email from Nancy, 2 Moms Of A Feather, telling me I had won a Coffee Cozy she made.  I was so surprised and delighted.  This came in the mail last Friday and I love the fabric-it was the perfect shade of green for St. Patty's Day; well any shade of green is good. Please stop by and say hi to Nancy, she is a dear and can be found here  http://2momsofafeather.blogspot.com/.
Thank you for all who prayed for our dear Reggie, again this really touches my heart.  Reggie has always be a finicky eater and I'm constantly trying new foods on him plus adding cooked chicken and rice.  Yesterday, I ran out and got some ground turkey to add to his food-he seemed to like it.  However, his appetite is very low and I know he's lost weight(approx. 3-4 lbs which is a lot on a small dog) so I do try to give him things he'll like.  With his being up a good part of Sunday night, I fed him earlier yesterday afternoon-to try to avoid his needing to go out around 2:00 a.m.  Thankfully it did work! Then of course, we had another issue last evening~he had been outside taking care of business and running the fence line.  He came running into the house like he was a puppy; truly I haven't seen this type of energy in 5 yrs.  Hubby and I just watched him and laughed.  He finally trotted into the kitchen and I thought maybe he was hungry so got a dog treat out for him.  He wasn't and began having a mild seizure; this one lasted a lot longer than his previous ones.  I have never seen him have a big energy burst and then seize. Finally I just picked him up and took him over to his bed and put him on it.  I really wasn't sure if it was more than just a mild seizure at this point or not.  It took at least 30 minutes for him to snap back and get up, but the good news is he slept all night.  This morning he ate a touch of his food-he will probably finish it off before lunch.  It is so hard when we see our furbabies having such difficulties.  As you know, Reggie has had months of Grace when the vet originally told us he'd only have 3-4 weeks.  I still wonder if the shot he got last Friday has negatively impacted him.  He is acting like his normal self today and I'm thankful for that.  I'm never sure what lies ahead for him, but I am thankful for every day we have with him.  There are many blogging friends out there who are going through similar trials with their pups.  It is always so hard, be it old age or a disease. 
Make sure you give your pets some extra loving today!
Blessings, Noreen

12 comments:

  1. Oh no, poor Reggie ... and poor you and your hubby! Praying for you all. {{hug}} It IS so hard to watch our pups get old and frail, isn't it?

    Our Abby has developed another couple of tumors. With her existing health issues and her age, we don't know that we're going to subject her to more surgery (especially if there's the real possibility that more tumors will appear); the surgery in January to remove those tumors was pretty hard on her (and on us to see her so miserable, so stressed). It's just so hard to see her getting old and frail ... we're doing our best to make sure that her last days are good ones and praying for the wisdom to know when it's time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Noreen...hugs to you and sweet Reggie today!!! I woke up Saturday morning and while flipping channels came across the movie Marley. I sat and bawled for an hour!!!! Yes we do get attached to them, don't we!!
    On a lighter note, I had to crack up at what you call Toad in The Hole!! Where on earth did you get that? SO funny!
    Have a good day friend!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will certainly keep Reggie in our prayers, and you as well. I'm going right over now to give MOM a hug.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart hurts for you. I have always been such a dog person. Yesterday our youngest was home and I kept loving on our Molly cause she just didn't seem quite happy. Steph was teasing me about pampering her. Then last night she got sick....I looked at steph and gave her the momma eye. (c: She quickly acknowledged that, "OKAY...so you know your dog". Fortunately she just ate something while we were out yesterday afternoon. They are such gifts but can melt our hearts down as they struggle. Praying for you and Reggie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noreen,
    It is always a hard thing when we see those around us that we love deteriorating...whether they be man or beast. Hugs to you. We can our strength in the Lord.
    Nancy
    P.S. Note about the coffee cozies...my oldest daughter made them...though I did tell her about the pattern. 8~)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, poor Reggie! This is so hard for you and for him. Sending you prayers and hugs. Life is more complete with fur babies!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Noreen I am so sorry to hear about Reggie. How hard that has got to be. Will definitely pray for him. Loved the coffee warmer btw. Soo many sweet bloggers out there. Have a good day! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh sweet Reggie...I am glad he had his spurt of energy but so sad he had a seizure....I know you are treasuring every minute you have with him.....Hugs to Reggie

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear of Reggie's issues. It is so difficult to see our loved ones suffer. Pets are such an important part of our families and add such warmth to our homes. Praying that he will be better. Spring blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about your sweet puppy. Animals are such a part of ones family. I liked your comment at "SalesLadies" blog. Your comment about passing out food tickets instead of money is a very good idea.
    By the way, May I invite you to share your true stories at "Tell me a Story," my new Blog Party: http://letmetelluastory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Noreen!! I'm glad I got the chance this evening to stop by your blog--I'm sorry to read about Reggie, but am glad that he's 'okay' now. I am hopeful this has continued, along with a good steady appetite!! Know we're keeping him and you in our prayers for continued strength!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there Noreen,
    I am sorry to hear about Reggie's recent seizure. How distressing for you. I know how much you worry about him but am delighted to see you blogging about this. I always believe that a problem shared is a problem halved How about a picture? Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I also know how difficult it can be.
    Sending lotsaluv to you and hope that Reggie improves significantly.
    BTW You little bag is very sweet indeed, and yes, bloggers are amazing folk.
    MAXMOM IN SOUTH AFRICA

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14