Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happy Outdoor Wednesday my friends~  Well yesterday afternoon hubby and I headed to the high places-one of my favorite things to do.  It was beautiful but a tad windy; it is always windy in the Rockies.   Unfortunately for us we didn't see any Bighorn Sheep or Goats but caught a glimpse of two large Elk herds laying in the grass.  We actually went to a new area to check it out for the summer hiking; a trail that leads to two waterfalls.  We should have realized that it would be inaccessible to us, in our jeans(hubby wore shorts)and tennis shoes when we saw a group coming out with cross country skies.  So we turned around for fear of my slipping and continued with our drive. We went to my favorite store, Cottage Bliss, and I finally met Sherri the owner. We had a great chat and hubby bought me several things for my birthday-no material but a cute figurine and a c.d. by one of my favorite Christian singers-Robin Mark.  Oh how I love his music, doesn't hurt that he's in Belfast and many of his worship songs are typical Irish sounding songs.
Last night my vertigo kicked in so I skipped my class today, for fear of falling and having the teacher fuss over me.  I have walked and hope maybe we'll get on the bikes today for a ride.  I am actually going to the supermarket for a few items and possibly I'll get some Bonine, which helps positional vertigo.  I usually get it in the spring and so I don't get overly concerned anymore but last night felt like I was in the Wizard of Oz movie with the bed spinning. 
Our weather today is incredible but rain it supposed to hit next week, which we need but I just so love the warm sunshine. 
Blessings on your day, Noreen

10 comments:

  1. You 2 have such a great attitude. I will pray for your vertigo but glad it is not slowing you down too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet of your hubby to buy you a figurine and the cd. I will have to look for that music.
    I hope your vertigo is better.
    Love & hugs,
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry about your vertigo but it sounds like you know what to do..I certainly hope it does't last long....

    I just love the way you and your hubby are so active...out hiking, riding, walking...You are such an encouragement to me.....I need to do more of that.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! Sorry to hear about your vertigo though! That can be horrible I hear! Enjoy the sunny weather, as it is supposed to be gone this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had a lovely day in spite of the vertigo. I have only had it a couple of times but it is a horrible feeling- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pray that the vertigo will pass (of its own accord ... if not, with the help of the Bonine).

    Our weather is gorgeous here, too. I had planned to get on the bike today, but I made the "mistake" of getting out and working in the landscaping (for 4 hours!!). After that, we gave our Abby a bath. And now I'm bushed. I was hoping that taking it easy for a couple of hours (we had lunch out on the deck and I finished reading A Big Little Life: A Memoir of a Joyful Dog Named Trixie), but I'm still just too pooped to ride. I hope you enjoy your time on your bike.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like such a fun day, and you got some goodies to boot! Sorry you are dealing with the vertigo, but at least you know how to treat it. Hope it's gone soon. Hope you had a good day! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like fun anyway. It is always so nice to get out and look at things. I get vertigo so bad now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, I just had to tell you that it hit this morning with vengeance. I don't know if it was to early or what but I have been stumbling around here this morning, running into walls. Feeling car sick too.
    Thanks for letting me know what helped you.
    I always wonder what makes it just appear.
    Thanks! Other than that it is a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picture...
    looks like you have enjoyed a little high country (o:
    That is so weird to have vertigo like that every Spring. By the way...riding a bike might not be a good idea right now (o: get better fast!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14