Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thankful Thursday

It is that time of the week again, a time to reflect on all the blessings in our lives and offer thankfulness and gratitude to the Giver of all good gifts. This morning we awoke to beautiful warmth and the promise of another 90 degree day but today we have wind. I am so thankful that I no longer have to be concerned on warm windy days that our hills might catch fire, like I did in California. I am thankful for the promise of a new day, filled with possibilities and life.
I am thankful for the 7 grandchildren we have, who possess strong wills and minds and know who they are in the light of God's word and His love. I am thankful for my two godly daughters and their hubbies and all the grandchildren and the precious one our oldest is carrying. I am thankful for dear hubby's hard work painting at both daughter's houses, the blessing he is to me and to them. I am thankful that the Lord did not bless us with another little one in my old age-it is all I can do to play with my grandkids and I can't imagine having a toddler full time at this season in life. I am thankful we see the light at the end of the tunnel in painting our oldest daughter's new house~it has been fun but oh what a job. I am thankful that we can begin thinking about painting and decorating the house we will move into. I am so incredibly blessed and thankful that tomorrow my dear hubby and grandson share a birthday.
As I've said before I am very grateful for all my friends in bloggy land!
May you be blessed today.

6 comments:

  1. Tell Hubby Happy Birthday from Becky!! And a hug for your grandson, too!

    Hope you get to celebrate in a special way!

    Love and hugs, my sweet friend,
    Beck

    ReplyDelete
  2. And top of my list .... I'm thankful I found your blog and that I can call you dear friend.

    Hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow celebrating birthdays.

    Hugs and love..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that we've connected through bloggy land. I think when you wrote a guest piece on Lynn's blog was when we first knew of each other. Isn't Lynn such a blessing? Have fun celebrating the birthdays tomorrow. I love how you have such a grateful heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your hubby and grandson. What a great gift he received! Hope you have some nice plans for both of them!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful blessings indeed. Have a great BD celebration. (o:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tell them I said Happy Birthday!! Hope you guys have fun!!!!!

    Love, Madison

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14