Thursday, July 2, 2009

A New Nest


Thank You Jesus!
When our family decided to move here we assumed that our home in Ca. would sell. It didn't and when we moved we ended up renting a house to live in. Well, I'm here to say that as of yesterday our daughter and her hubby are new owners of a home out in the country. It is the perfect house for them~5 bedrooms and 3 baths and 2.5 acres. With their move comes our move; you see we own the house they have been in for the year and a half since we moved here. It is a long complicated story but due to tax laws we couldn't move into the house initially. The picture above is our new nest, photo taken in the winter with hubby and daughter plowing the driveway. So today we begin cleaning and painting their new home so that in the next several weeks they can move. Once they are in their new home, hubby and I can begin painting and cleaning and moving things across the street. Yes, you got it, the house is directly across the street from us which will make our move a bit easier. I don't anticipate being in the house before August 1st but who knows. I've been dying to paint walls a color other than white for the last year and now that I can I'm leaning towards beige, coco brown and maybe a blue. Not too wild, mind you, but enough color to make the house feel warm and inviting. I had planned on planting trees and flowers right away but that may have to wait until I get the inside comfortable. In fact, we found a wonderful tree while in the Sierra's called "Gold Chain"; it looks like Wisteria but bright yellow and does well in snow country. Even though it isn't snowing here right now like it was in the photo, today we had thunder and lots of hail. Alright already; it's summer.
Have a blessed day!!!!!

Photo: Winter 2009

11 comments:

  1. My sweet friend, what a wonderful home that is going to be. I love it!! Can't wait now until you've moved, have it all painted and can call it your home. Hugs and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing. I know you will be happy to be moved in and so happy for all of your family to have such wonderful homes. It will be a lot of fun painting and settling in. God Bless. The Lord does always provide. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting for all of you. Are they excited about living in the country? That sounds great for the kids... you will miss having them so close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is wonderful news!! All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nor!! I just LOVE your new nest!! We are just too much alike. We absolutely love this style home!! The rock is one of my fave features on a home!!

    Praying all goes well, and you are in when you want to be!! It does have a guest room, right? ;o)

    Love and hugs,
    Beck

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Miss Noreen thanks for following and commenting! I am so glad you stopped by!! I can't believe that I have 27 followers I only had 15 2 days ago!!! Anyway thanks and have a great day!!!

    Love, Madison

    ReplyDelete
  7. how exciting! Can you post a few photos of before and after?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Noreen,
    How wonderful for you! I love your new home...the front porch and the rock outside. I wish you the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad for you. It is fun to decorate a new home. Don't evny the moving part though!

    Surprised to hear about the hail, we had no moisture yesterday whatsoever. My husband is in your town today, went to visit his friend who lives in an older part of town. He is then going to pick my sister up in Loveland and bring her down for the long weekend. I am looking forward to that so much - she has been sick and wasn't up to driving down so it has been awhile since I have seen her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Noreen, I just now read this post! Praise the LORD! What a wonderful blessing and answer to your prayers! I am rejoicing with dear friend! Now all those plans you thought you would have to put on hold can come true now. May your home be a bright beacon to you and others of God's faithfulness and love!
    Miriam :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay!!! This IS wonderful news! I'm so happy for you, ALL of you!!! God is good.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14