Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Thankful Heart

One of my favorite verses is " A merry heart does good like a medicine" but today I want to rephrase it-"A thankful heart does one good." We are still in the midst of prepping our home for painting~yesterday I pulled the baseboards off of three rooms and labeled them-getting them ready to paint. I also took several loads over to the house for the shelves in the basement.
At the end of the day hubby and I are worn out but it is a good feeling, knowing we are accomplishing so much each day.
In the midst I am continually meditating on all the things I'm thankful for, here a just a few:
~That my Lord is not a piece of stone or some inanimate object but a Living God who hears our prayers and loves us.
~I am thankful that I'm saved by grace and not by works.
~I am thankful that He is the maker of the heaven and earth and that I can trust Him with all the crazy weather.
~I am thankful that although we've gone through a major earthquakes(and girls I hate earthquakes)and a tornado we haven't had to endure a hurricane. We met a couple from Florida this week who have gone through Hurricane Charlie and when they told us about it I thought I don't want to experience one.
~I am thankful for the body of Christ, those bloggy friends that would join together in the name of our Jesus and fast for someone bound by the blood of Christ that we have never met; pleading for her health and life to be healed from cancer. What an incredible blessing to be a part of all of you.
~I am thankful for the fact that even though we haven't heard about any change in Cindy, we can rest assured that God in His perfect will heard and is answering the prayers of the faithful.
~I am so thankful that we got a laptop in Dec. or else I wouldn't have a computer at all.
~I'm so thankful that we have time with our move and can take breaks during the day; I'm thankful that in another month(hopefully sooner)we will be in our own home. As Linny says"Yippee Jesus"!
~I am thankful to be alive in a time such as this, to be healthy and loved by my Lord and also by my family and friends.

What are you thankful for today?
Hugs, Noreen

6 comments:

  1. I'm especially thankful for our friendship...it means so much.

    What a wonderful list Noreen. Although we haven't seen anything happen with Cindy, we both know God is doing a work in His perfect timing. Hugs dear one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now I am thankful that my four girls went home and the daycare kids are napping (o: I am beat after having one spend the night and then everyone else here this morning. Love them to death, but sometimes i sigh with relief when the last one waves goodbye.
    Of course I am thankful for many other things (o:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Noreen,
    Am glad you are daily getting things done towards your move, it is so much nicer not to have to rush. the hardest part for me is always having to go back and clean the place you are leaving cause you want to unpack and get settled at the new place. Course, we haven't moved now in over 28 yrs,
    so not as familiar with that as I used to be in our earlier years when we moved a lot!!
    I had thankful Thursday on my blog today too. I think the Lord loves a thankful and grateful heart.
    And it also helps us to concentrate on the good things rather than focus on what is maybe
    not going so well. I am all about that, I want to have Joy in my heart, I spent plenty of years out of focus and don't want to go there anymore!! ha
    You have a great day tomorrow.
    Blessings, Nellie
    P.S. Am hoping to get your cards off tomorrow. Sorry.........
    I am running so late!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankful for this blogging community. Thankful for grace. Thankful for so much more.

    Here comes the rain again! I can hear the thunder roll.

    Sorry it's been a while since I've visited. Summer is definitely a hard time to stop and sit. The beauty of Colorado calls me outside.

    Hugs,

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some good thoughts Noreen, praying here for your friend with cancer, it's an awful thing to have. I guess I"m thankful for my life and for my children and husband. God is once again changing the way I think.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14