Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday Madness

Do you ever wonder where your day goes? Take today for example~I ran errands with my youngest and her three; we got a lot accomplished and when you have three toddlers in tow that is something to be proud of. I came home and it is already past lunchtime and I still have loads of other things to try to get done today before I head to their house for dinner. Add in 90 degree weather which makes the idea of gardening go right out the window. I'm already tired from this morning and would like to do nothing other than sit and work on the border for my wall hanging or look at the library books I picked up today but alas the sooner I get my other errands done the sooner I can kick back and sew. It would have helped if I had gotten up earlier but with dear hubby away I have a terrible time getting to sleep at night~in fact it is midnight before I turn off the lights and generally several hours before I drift off to a deep sleep. He'll be back Wednesday eve and I can't wait!
For any friends who reside in Southern California, I hope you weren't too rattled by the earthquake last night. My oldest girl and her family are vacationing there and I wasn't too thrilled to hear about the quake. We went through the Loma Prieta earthquake in 1989 and it was very traumatic for all of us; just the idea that they are there plus the potential for more makes me uneasy but I will trust in Him who holds the earth in His palm.
Have a joyous productive day.

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the day just getting away from you (o: Is it really 90 out there. Glad to hear your family is Ok in CA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so understand the day getting away from you. I'm not an early morning riser, so I often have many days like that. I didn't hear about the earthquake, I'll have to watch the news later tonight.

    90 degree weather.....hmmmm want to send some of that our way. It's still pretty cool here.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I do understand. If I have errands and then get home after lunch it just seems like I've lost the whole day. I look forward to a day to do nothing, maybe you need one too. lol BTW, I agree about the heat, it is 107 here today. Whewwwwww. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Noreen,
    Just wanted to say Hi and thanks for the nice comments you have left for me. They are very encouraging. I enjoyed your blog as well. That is neat you have 3 grandchildren. We await those days yet. Yes, we are very proud of our 39 years, as I am sure you are of your 30, want be long till you will be there too. I am the only person in my family who has
    stayed married, All Praise to our
    Lord and Saviour!! It is so neat
    to meet other christian ladies in
    blogland. You have a great night and hope you can get some rest, I will say a prayer for you, it is hard for me to sleep when my sweetie is away too. I think most
    ladies are like that, don't you think!!
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14