Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Birds Eye View















Last Sunday dear hubby and I were out for a drive~looking for the two eagles we had seen last week. Alas, we only found one and couldn't get a very good look at it, but we stopped at one of our local lakes and saw a fair amount of pelicans plus some other birds. Now I understand why professional photographers spend hours just sitting and waiting for the perfect shot because we really wanted a better shot of the pelicans but didn't plan on spending hours waiting for it.
I love the fact that we have Pelicans here in Colorado! For some strange reason I always expected them to only reside in the southeast area of our country. I love watching them come in for a landing and hope that at some point before they migrate to their winter nesting areas we will get some better photos. It is wonderful to have different birds and wildlife here than we had in California. Sometimes I feel like a kid in a candy store when I get to see the wildlife up close and personal. Our God is so good to bless us with His creation.

Verse for the day: "Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?" Matt. 6:26

"For I am the Lord your God, who stirs up the sea and its waves roar(the Lord of hosts is His name). And I have put My words in your mouth, and have covered you with the shadow of My hand, to establish the heavens, to found the earth and to say to Zion,'You are My people." Isaiah 51:15-16

Have a blessed day enjoying all that the Lord has done for you.
Noreen

3 comments:

  1. Those are great pictures. I know what you mean about nature. I saw a big turtle today. It was in the road and i watched a man take it back over to the ditch. So annoyed at myself for not having camera.
    Did you see a man in a truck with a trailer in your neighborhood last night. Hubby went and picked up a friends broken car. The lady said it was not far from the cozy cow farm. Funny! I didn't go because I wanted to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. We have Pelicans here too, very close to our home. We love watching them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great photos!
    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14