Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Fun Furry Times

Last weekend, while hubby was away, Hunter & I went out to our oldest daughter's home to visit and let the pups play. Hunter loves hanging out with Lily; they play so well together and I think there must be something about them being the same size and looking alike.


They are just too cute together; they love playing together as well as kicking back in the shade.  I'm glad that they are so close,not only in proximity but also in temperament.  Hunter loves being with other dogs, especially small ones.  Yesterday afternoon, hubby and I went over to some friends who have a really old Cairn named Hobbs.  He gets so excited when Hunter comes to his house and although he can't really play, he does take Hunter around the yard showing him the sights.  Next door to Hobbs is a Goldendoodle and Hunter just doesn't know what to make of this big energetic dog.  I think it the pup were calm or smaller, Hunter would be at the fence wanting to play but when you add in big, bouncy and pretty wild, Hunter keeps his distance.  I really need to look into puppy classes for more socialization; Hunter is somewhat timid and I want him to learn to socialize well.  Also in the morning yesterday, another acquaintance came over to walk her small dog with Kam & Lexie and Hunter & I. The dog is a Teddy-Bear, cross between a Bichon and Shih Tzu and Hunter thought it was great having him along.  I do notice that if other dogs are on walks for us, Hunter is willing to go for a longer walk than if it is just us. 
In addition, I finally found a food he likes-Royal Canine; this is the food that Lily eats and I caught him eating hers up.  I wondered if it was just because we were at their house but he continues to eat it here. Yippee!!!  Now I've got two bags of kibble and I might call the Red Cross and see if they could use it at the evacuation center; otherwise it will go to the Humane Society to feed strays.
Hope you have a wonderful day.
Joy to you.  Noreen & Hunter

13 comments:

  1. You and Lily look so cute together sittin' in the shade. To have friends just makes life all the more beautiful. All I could picture is you at the fence with Big Murphy (a friend of mine). He is a golden-doodle. He weighs about 85 or more pounds and has real long furs. You may have seen him on my blog before.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Hunter and Lily are best buds.

    I have been wondering what to do with our unused dog food ... I'll have to check to see if the local dog shelter could use it ... hopefully they'll take it even if it's not in the bag (we stored the dogs' food in plastic bins ... we're on the outskirts of town, in what used to be farmland, so I worried about mice).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What darling pics! He really is such a cute dog. I am soo glad you are enjoying and loving him so much! Have a good day Noreen. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noreen, last night when listening to the news, I was wondering if those fires are near you. I just now saw your post. Scary!
    Love the pics of Hunter and his cousin!!! So cute in the lawn together!!
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all seem to enjoy our walks more when we go two at a time rather than alone And it isa great way to introduce Hunter to new dogs. He seems to be doing quite well on the social scene:).


    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all seem to enjoy our walks more when we go two at a time rather than alone And it isa great way to introduce Hunter to new dogs. He seems to be doing quite well on the social scene:).


    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good that Hunter has a best friend! You are right, this is an important time in his development to get socialized.

    Your friends,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved to see the dogs playing together. So many owners don't know how important it is for dogs to be dogs together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hunter and Lily are way to cute, and seem to be adjusting! I am so glad you now have Hunter! Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad that you and Hunter are enjoying your days together!! What cute, cute pictures!!!

    I've been thinking of you and hope that you continue to be safe and all those that are affected by the fires find peace and safety.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They do look like fast friends!
    I don't blame Hunter for wanting a doggie pal to walk with-I can walk further if I have a friend along.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like so much fun! They are also smart, staying in the shade! Thanks for stopping by my blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute are they together? I think it is great for dogs to learn to get along with other dogs...and to socialize in general. I can tell how very much you love this boy! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14