Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lilies of the Field


One of my favorite verses is:


And why are you anxious about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin,

Yet I say to you that even Solomon is all his glory did not clothe himself like one of these.

But if God so arrays the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more do so for you... Matt.6:28-30


I made this quilt in 2005 and decided to call it Lilies of the Field even though the fabric was Irises. Seeing this quilt reminds me of the splendor of the flowers that my God has created for me to enjoy. I always think on this verse when I see my quilt. I love nature and I love to create quilts so it was natural to choose the fabric that reminded me of lilies and irises.

May you find beauty in your day that causes you to create something from within, whether it's a photo, poem, art work or cooking. Be blessed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14