Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Lazy Days of Summer




I love summer, I love the warmth and the bright sunshine and if I am blessed enough to be near water I am happier still. Many would say that all my days are lazy now that I am retired but spending time with grandchildren is not an activity I would classify as "being lazy". There is nothing I love more than playing with my little ones and observing them create..whether it is a sand castle at our nearby lake or building a fort. The boys aren't the only ones creating forts, both Shannon and Faith can give them a run for the money when it comes to creating. The girls might have a bit less wood and a few less nails but create they will.
Soon summer days will give way to fall and then we will begin to make applesauce and other goodies in the kitchen. But for now I am content being with each of them, participating in whatever activities they dream up and watching them live life to the fullest.

2 comments:

  1. Olivia still has that "Aunt Susan" hairdo - what gives??

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post Mom! I love reading your writing!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14