Monday, August 28, 2017

Misc. Monday

Happy Monday to you! We had a busy, but fantastic weekend! Firstly, I finally finished the quilt for our 6th granddaughter and I was so pleased to be able to deliver it to her on Friday, when she was a bit under the weather. I loved the fabric and had a great time hand quilting it; what's more important is how much she loves it. Now, I've already moved on to a lap quilt I made last summer while in Sisters, Oregon. I had seriously considered machine quilting it, but chose-at least for the body of the quilt to hand quilt it. I may machine quilt the outside border.

This little vase I got at our local antique store and love it-it's perfect for our mums that are blooming.
On Saturday hubby and I joined friends from church to help celebrate a couple's 50th wedding anniversary.  It was a surprise party and so fun.  Hubby works with the fellow and they both attend the same church as I do, so it was special to be part of the celebration.  They had lots of great food and the fellow doesn't eat gluten either, so they had a wonderful gluten free cake.  Let me tell you it was delicious, especially since I've been off sugar and dairy for three weeks.  I decided to partake and so glad I did. I do have to confess that Friday night we went out with neighbors for dinner and hubby and I thoroughly enjoyed a gluten free dessert.
Today hubby has to take his car in for regular maintenance and VW is finally  replacing a recalled air bag-it's only been several years.  We are also hoping to paint my sewing room this week, which means I've got a lot of work to clear out some things.
I hope you had a good weekend and that your Monday goes well.
Joy to you!
Noreen

1 comment:

  1. We did the painting/cleaning out business this summer. Whew! I can relate, best wishes with your new paint job! The quilt for your granddaughter is gorgeous. Have a wonderful week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14