Thursday, August 24, 2017

It's Thursday and I'm wondering where in the world the week has gone.  Of course, Monday kept us busy-between hubby painting our guest bedroom and viewing the eclipse-it was such a good day.
I've already gone out to deliver invitations on our culdesac for a block party in Sept.  It will be pretty easy-actually one neighbor said she'd do it and I offered to help.  We will all gather to catch up and celebrate the end of summer.  We decided to have everyone bring an appetizer, their own beverages and lawn chairs.  The gal is providing paper products and the tables, I provided invitations to each home; it should be fun.  We have 17 homes on our culdesac and hopefully everyone can join us.  Some may even invite people that don't live on our block to come.  I have learned that there can be differences of opinions and it is best to let one person host it, with the offer to help.  I can honestly say I don't know whether I'd jump in again to help.
Today I'm meeting my quilting friends for coffee and then not sure what the rest of the day holds.
I am thankful for God's unending love and grace poured out on me.  I've so many blessings in my life and each day I'm  so grateful for this time and season.
May your day be blessed.
Noreen


2 comments:

  1. Your neighborhood party sounds fun! We've never really done anything like that here - it would be fun to try it. We have a few new families, so it would be nice for everyone to meet each other. I usually run into people because I'm out walking with the girls. :)
    Maggie answered your questions about bi-eyed pups today -- it was a great question!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Block party sounds so nice, Noreen! For a great way to celebrate the end of summer! I too am so blessed!
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14