Wednesday, May 1, 2013

From My Bookshelf

Well, old man Winter has returned for a visit. Last evening it started to rain; the timing was perfect because right before it started to come down, hubby has fertilized the lawn. In lieu of Hunter getting sick in the morning, he was not allowed outside by himself at all. In fact, he was not happy that I wasn't letting him run free, through the dirt etc. He was back to normal completely, after he got sick. He has also been digging, something that is new to him-guess he is fully mature now.  I just wish I could figure out what the little turkey, boy, got into too. All I know is that we are going to be ordering yards, many yards, of shredded bark to cover all the beds. I am also going to be filling up the holes that allow the bunny to get under the fence.
 Many of you readers will remember the Frank Peretti trilogy from the early 90's. This book deals with the same topic-spiritual warfare, battles between demons and angles and their attack on humans. It was recommended to me; I had never read any of Shannon Dittemore's books and it was captivating. If you read Peretti's books and enjoyed them,you'll enjoy this book too.

From the author's website:
"Once you’ve seen, you can’t unsee. Everything changes when you’ve looked at the world through . . . ANGEL EYES Brielle went to the city to chase her dreams and found tragedy instead. She’s come home to shabby little Stratus, Oregon, to live with her grief and her guilt . . . and the incredible, numbing cold she can’t seem to shake. Jake’s the new guy at school. The boy next door with burning hands and an unbelievable gift that targets him for corruption. Something more than fate has brought them together. An evil bigger than both of them lurks in the shadows nearby, hiding in plain sight. Two angels stand guard, unsure what’s going to happen. And a beauty brighter than Jake or Brielle has ever seen is calling them to join the battle in a realm where all human choices start. A realm that only angels and demons—and Brielle—can perceive."
It was a book I couldn't put down.  I'm so thankful that Kat recommended it.  I've just started book 2 in the series and book 3 doesn't come out until this summer.  
I'm not sure what hubby and I will be doing today-due to the really wet snow piling up.  I think it is supposed to come down all day. 
xxxoooo Noreen & Hunter

8 comments:

  1. Oh I hope It warms up fast for you!! I am glad Hunter is back to normal!! I hear you when you talk about digging my neighbors dog digs all day long.. I feel for the yard..

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOL - Mom says if you find a way to keep out the bunnies, please tell her - she would probably pay a fortune to stop them here.

    She adds that the book sounds like a great read - if only she could make herself find that time to read and enjoy.

    Happy May Day, despite the snow.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  3. the book sounds great! I loved that other series you spoke of, but read them sooo long ago. Snow on May 1? wow. Melody is getting it tomorrow! Hope your day was good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that Hunter is better. And sorry your weather turned wintry again. Thank goodness for good books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting book by the sounds of it. We are getting your weather now. 3-6 inches of snow forecast here. 76 here yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed the Frank Peretti series - will see if this book is available on Kindle. I want to have a few books available for our trip. I can't believe you're still getting snow - in May!! That's just wrong. Sure hope you can find a way to keep those bunnies out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh, sorry it is snowing again! Doesn't seem fair, does it!
    Glad Hunter is fine now!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. This weather is crazy. Here in the KC area they are predicting snow this evening. CRAZY. Always glad to find new authors. I think I'm going to be having inside days until next Monday from what the weather man says. I love being able to download books to my kindle...never leave home. Today I'm making Mexican Brownies for hubbies office Cinco de Mayo lunch tomorrow. And heavens...I only have Vietnamese cinnamon. Fun day even if snow may be coming. All of my flowering trees have opened up, the lilacs blooming, perennials are looking so happy with all the rain we've had, iris are putting on their heads. I'm praying the cold doesn't get too low for them.
    We were working in the yard last weekend and our dog pawed up little spots for the first time since we got her. Crazy mutt. She acted like she was trying to "get" something. Pups are fun!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14