Monday, March 30, 2020

Birthday Treats

Happy Monday to you! How was your weekend? I was able to get out and walk and bike ride yesterday and it felt so good. When everything gets back to normal in our world, it will take me forever to get back in shape at the gym-I've missed it all month. Yesterday was my birthday and I had some pleasant surprises. First thing in the morning, my youngest daughter and two of our grands showed up at the front door with a vase of flowers. We didn't get close, but it made my day start off with lots of love.
Then later after lunch, our oldest daughter and her family showed up in their car to sing Happy Birthday to me and to drop off two pieces of gluten free chocolate cake, dairy free Almond Whipping cream-both that Carrie's oldest daughter made garnished with fresh berries.  They know that our favorite restaurant makes this dessert and hubby & I love it.   I had taken a bike ride in the morning with a friend and then hubby and I walked Hunter, so I was feeling the freedom to indulge.  Hubby later called in a take out order at the restaurant that we love and went and picked it up.  Here is our dinner-so yummy.  The portion seemed larger than they usually serve, but maybe with business slacking off due to Covid19, they adjusted the size.  All I can tell you was that it was delicious and so filling.
Here is the dessert our granddaughter made.  It was so good and the Almond Whipped Cream really topped it off.
Today has been as quiet as usual; we did take Hunter out for a walk and I've done some sewing, which I will continue to do shortly.  Hubby does have to work this afternoon; the course he works at is the only course locally that still is putting carts out.  All the others are only allowing golfers that can walk.  In this dire situation, I'm shocked that they would continue to carry on as if nothing has happened.
I hope you are all staying healthy and staying in.  Guess we've got another month of it, but if it keeps the virus from spreading that's o.k. with me.
Blessings,
Noreen

2 comments:

  1. This is a birthday that you'll long remember! Happiest of days to you (albeit a belated wish now) and wishhing you all the best in the days to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Love the flowers. How sweet to get the cake dropped off with the whipped cream and berries. Your dinner looks delicious. I guess I'm a bit surprised by them letting people golf. Your bike ride sounds nice. I sat in the yard yesterday, it was a gorgeous day. It seems like months since we have had a day like that. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14