Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Temecula

Happy Wednesday to you. One of the days we were in Southern California, hubby and I decided to head to Temecula. He had tasted some wine from a winery there and wanted to get some, so off we went. Leoness Cellars is a beautiful spot; they had a wonderful gift area, great wine tasting area as well as two restaurants. We could only go in one, since we aren't members. After I bought several gifts and hubby found the wine he was after, we had lunch.
Hubby had a Caesar salad and said it was so good.
I enjoyed this beautiful beet salad; my favorite beet salad is still Dukes in Kauai, but this was good.
After lunch we headed to Temecula Quilt Store and I quickly fell in love with all the Civil War reproduction fabrics.
The quilt on the bottom row caught me eye and I came home with the pattern.  Hubby suggested I get the fabric there, but it called for over 5 yards and I wasn't ready to purchase more than the pattern.



Loved this old bed with all the quilts on it.
The next shop we went to surprised me tremendously!  It was Primitive Gatherings Quilt Shop and you would not have believed how big it was!  This photo is of just one area with white/tan and light CW fabrics.
I could have spent hours in here.
We were disappointed in not finding any antiques that really needed to come home with us. Looking back I should have gotten some fabric.  However, I'm not sure when I'll get to the quilt above, so it's just as well.  I was looking for some fabric for a baby quilt I need to make, but nothing spoke to me.
Today hubby and I took Hunter for a walk, then hit the gym and have done some dead heading on my mums-several plants didn't do well while we were away.
I'll be back with some photos of Tide Pools we visited and photos of Arches National Park.
Have a fun day.
Noreen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14