Saturday, July 14, 2018

Skydiving Part 1

Good Morning to you! Thursday afternoon, hubby and I joined our sil Eric and his parents and headed to Longmont where the three guys would go skydiving. Eric's dad wanted to do this in celebration of turning 65 in March. Eric graciously invited hubby and so both Eric's mom and I also went to watch. Also, our close neighbor who sky dives on a regular basis met us there-he wanted to take the jump with hubby.  Here is hubby on the left with our neighbor Allen, whose been jumping for over 50 years.
Hubby looks so ready to go.  We had to wait quite a while because there were many in front of us and only one plane.  It was fun watching all those who were jumping tandem, as our three guys would do.
We are so blessed to have two incredible son-in-laws, they are simply the best and we love them.  Here Eric is with hubby.
We got to the airport around 1:45 and out to the tarmac about 2:00; by 4:00 the winds had picked up and there was threats of lightning.  The jump was delayed due to weather and the guys finally called it; when we got back to registration the day was cancelled.  So when Eric can schedule another day to jump, they will go down.  Weekends are really bad, so not sure when they'll make it again.  I probably won't go, simply because while I love watching those jumping, the wait and lack of bathrooms doesn't work well for me.  Our oldest grandson, who turns 18 next March wants to jump then, so I think he'll go in my place to see what its like and to take photos.
Last night we had our 8 granddaughter's over for a sleepover-they love it.  Today, I'll be running a couple of errands and then hoping to sew all weekend~I've still got three quilts to finish before November.  Last January we made a list up of goals around our quilting-I've got two quilts done already and most of my goals, just need to finish up.
Hope you have a fantastic weekend.
Blessings,
Noreen

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I would never sky dive but so, so many folks do and it definitely looks like an adventure. Hope your Hubby gets to jump soon! Happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it got cancelled. Oh my, you are so blessed with those 8 granddaughters! Hope it was a fun time for everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14