Tuesday, July 24, 2018

A Dilemma

Hello Friends, In this season of social media I'm wondering if any other bloggers out there have noticed a steep decline in comments on their posts.  While I initially started blogging as a way of keeping a record for my family and grands, I've made some wonderful friends.  I've noticed many are on FB or Instagram, but also curious about how many have considered leaving blogging.  Many of the programs, such as Bethany House have changed up there blogger program; it's understandable, but hard when I no longer fit into what they expect.  So if  you've noticed a big change with your blog, please let me know. Otherwise, this may become private and just for family.
Hugs,
Noreen
P.s.  my sil in law suggested I have Carrie leave a comment to see if it came to my email for moderation-it didn't, so I went back and apparently none have come to me, which is why I thought there was no longer interest. I'm not sure what changed, but have published them all(I hope)and plan to look into this further.  For those who have been leaving comments, thank you-you've all become good friends and I've missed you, even though I read your blogs.
Love to you.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Noreen, Yes it seems so many have gone to other social media! I am on instagram, but seldom post just like I haven't posted on my blog very often, I have been so busy. I do miss blogging and have decided I am going to try and be more faithful! Blogging is my favorite, like you I have made so many friends, you being one. I think of you so often! Blogging is so much more personal than the other social media, please reconsider leaving, you would be surprised at how many folks read and don't comment. You have always kept your blog so sweet and have been such a blessing to me.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Noreen,
    Yes, I have definitely noticed a big change for months now, I get a lot of traffic but not many comments these days. I think so many are blogging for money now and they just do not have the time for commenting anymore. I don't comment as much as I used to either due to time constraints, but have to say I miss the old days when people were much friendlier. It was like having pen pals when I was a kid......cause I used to write letters all the time and loved getting letters in my snail mailbox.
    But nothing seems to stay the same for long these
    days.....
    Hope you don't quit blogging.....I still enjoy it,
    and as long as folks are reading guess I will stick with it.

    Hope you are doing well. I am still with blogspot as well, and wonder sometimes if we don't get comments
    because of google+ cause I never joined that, and
    seems like when they put that in my comments started to go away slowly. So not sure if that is it or not. Anyway, take care hon,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have about the same number of comments on each post as I have had years ago. I know many are on Facebook too (I am) or Instagram (I am not). I hope you keep on blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is truly enjoyed each day.Hoping you continue to let it be public. I tried commenting on blogs in past but found others
    would comment about my comment, so I stopped doing that!Please know how many of us enjoy reading your blog! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14