Monday, July 9, 2018

A Fly Over

Happy Monday to you all. I hope you had a great weekend and didn't experience record highs, like we did here. Hubby and I prefer hot days verses warm days and while we may stay inside more, we aren't bothered by it. On the 4th, several jets from a local air base in Cheyenne, Wyoming were on display for Greeley's annual parade; afterwards they did a fly over our area. We are used to seeing them each year and sometimes several times, but this year it seemed the pilots were practicing just how low they could go over the houses. WE've been told they have to stay at least 500' above any buildings, but when you look at these pics-you tell me. Although I'm used to them, this year really concerned me with how low they were.  This first picture was when we saw them and I know the right jet looks like it is lower than it was, but believe me when I say we could almost see the pilots face-if he wasn't going so fast.
We did not see this angle, but I imagine those living in the house were pretty scared.
I realize the skill of the pilots/airman are phenomenal, but all I could think of was a flock of geese flying into one and then it would be all over for those cause in the path.
I am so thankful for those that serve in our military and those skills that are practice again and again.

WE are expecting more highs today in the 90's.  Hope you have a great one.
Noreen

2 comments:

  1. We would be happy to send you all of our HOT days - we are over summer already!

    Those planes would definitely scare us too. They sure do look very low to us.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well we had 114 and still reaching close to 100 degrees for a week now. Wow, they were really close. They are very talented and I do love seeing them fly.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14