Monday, September 21, 2015

A Sunday Drive

Happy Monday to you! If you are of a certain age, you may remember your family going out for a 'Sunday drive'. I think this particular phrase is lost of many younger people today, but it certainly brings back memories for hubby and me. So that is what we did yesterday; we decided to head to the mountains to see if the colors were changing. There were patches of yellow Aspens in the Rockies, but generally speaking it was pretty disappointing. However, we did stop at one of my favorite photo spots, enjoy.


These leaves were the brightest color patches we found. 


It was a lovely day for a drive and we both really enjoyed it.  However, we did not venture up towards Nederland even though we've never been there; maybe on another day.  Our weekend was fun and we spent time with dear friends from California; cards, good food and time together made the two days fly by. 
Today will be busy as always~walks with the dogs, a carpet to clean due to a doggy accident, sewing and housecleaning.  I hope that whatever is on your agenda gives you some time outside. 
Blessings,
Noreen

8 comments:

  1. I remember Sunday drives when mall & stores were closed on Sundays and it was a day of relaxing, sight seeing and visiting. Your photos are lovely!

    Enjoy your week!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. That church is gorgeous! I'm hoping to maybe see some fall colors next week as I travel through Indiana, Ohio and then Pittsburgh, PA. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I do remember those Sunday drives. Drawing that imaginary line in the back seat I shared with my brother. "He's on my side again" was a common call.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Noreen! I've been inside that lovely church. Thanks for sharing. If you want to see some beautiful photographs of RMNP in all seasons, google Erik Stensland. He has some gorgeous photos online. You can purchase prints, or notecards, or simply look at them online and enjoy them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noreen, I so remember Sunday afternoon drives! I guess that was when gas was cheap and other Sunday entertainment was very limited.We'd often stop for an ice cream or some other treat before heading home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty drive you had! Mom remembers when she was a little girl - every Sunday was "take Grandma for a ride" day. They often visited pretty parks with lots of beautiful flowers, and the day always ended at the ice cream shop.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it was a beautiful Sunday drive!!! How fun!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to love going for Sunday drives! Thanks for taking us along on yours - what gorgeous scenery!!!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14