Monday, November 3, 2014

Happy November

Happy November to you!  It's crazy to realize we are already in the holiday season.  Look at this handsome fellow, I believe he is a Coopers Hawk, that greeted us this morning.  We usually only get Doves on the pergola, but this was such a pleasant surprise. One of our girls gets Bald Eagles in her yard and the other gets an Owl; feel like I'm enjoying nature too. 
I hope you all had a great weekend; we had a fair number of children at our door Friday night and by the end of the evening, both dogs had stopped barking each time the doorbell rang.  Yesterday, we had five friends over to watch the Broncos get creamed. We had pizza, salad, veges and beverages; it was fun to hear us all yelling at the team.  I guess they can't win every game and to be honest, they were outplayed. 
Today, our fluff ball is at the groomers-boy does he hate going there.  Once we get into the car, he begins to shake. I finally realized(o.k. so I'm a bit slow)that the only time he has a leash on without his harness is to go to the groomers, otherwise he doesn't have a leash on.  Hello, let's connect the dots-no wonder he knows where we are going.  I also had a in-depth talk with a manager at the pet store on Saturday about dogs and food.  He told me that dogs don't dislike the taste of certain foods as much as they like manipulating mom to feed them people food-such as boiled chicken etc.  So now we are giving him a mixture of kibble and raw with freeze dried tidbits too. He has 5 minutes to eat it and then it is picked up; he then has to wait until the next meal time.  The man said it could take up to a week to get him to eat right away. This  was something the trainer told me when he was little and we were working together.  It will be interesting to see how long it takes him to get the concept.  We also changed from Wellness Grain Free Core kibble to Blue Buffalo Freedom, because Core was a high protein food and being such a small breed like a Bichon, Hunter wouldn't need it.  Any of you Bichon owners out there, let me know what you use. I used to cook for Hunter's meals and add it to kibble, but it makes it difficult if he is going to our daughter's house while we are away. I'd rather he just ate a mixture of healthy kibble and some sort of raw food. 
It is a dreary Monday here, so I'll be sewing for sure today.
May your day and this month be blessed.
Noreen

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great weekend. We had the hottest Halloween on record but sadly the weather is starting to turn. Molly went to the groomers last Sunday and she was not happy about it at all. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not the groomers it's the torture chamber
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! My mini schnauzer is 11 lbs - about the same size as Hunter. I have fed her Fromm Game Bird Recipe dry food for most of her life. Fromm foods are made in Wisconsin and have never had a recall. Fromm Four Star Grain Free Game Bird Recipe Dry Dog Food is made with a hearty blend of Duck, Turkey, Quail and Pheasant then mixed with the freshest broccoli, cauliflower, apples and spinach for a taste that can't be denied. Fromm is made with prebiotics and probiotics for added digestion aid. This formula is completely grain free and made right here in the USA! Fromm dry foods are appropriate for all life stages feeding.
    A good website to provide input on dog foods is dogfoodadvisor(dot)com.
    Best wishes!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14