Friday, May 30, 2014

Movie Reviews

Happy Friday to you!   I meant to post this yesterday, but got distracted with all the things happening here.  This week, due to reruns on t.v., hubby and I rented to videos to watch.  The first one was The Book Thief and though I knew what the basic story was,  I was surprised at the story line. What an incredible movie!  Hubby stays away from movies that portray the Holocaust, so I was surprised when he wanted to rent this movie.  It dealt with the tragedy in a subtle way and we loved the plot. 
The second movie we watched was The Monument Men and again this was another incredible movie with an all star cast.  I have read about the art being stolen during WWII, but found this movie to be riveting.  So if you are looking for some good flicks this weekend,  we would highly recommend these two.  In fact, I lent The Monument Men to my bff to watch and she loved it too. I've told both my girls that they need to watch these as well.
I hope you have a wonderful day today!  We are off to buy a plant and leave it at our old house with a Welcome Home note for the new family; we have to sign final papers in an hour. 
Joy to you!
Noreen

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendations as we have not seen either. What a lovely idea re the welcome home note. Hope the signing goes smoothly. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Monuments Men is on our list to watch, as soon as there's a night with no baseball game. I will now add The Book Thief to our list. Thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom read the book and said it was very good. But isn't that always the case? Congrats on closing on the house!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think its so nice of you to buy a plant for the new owners.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I love going to the movies.
    I love The Book Thief and bought the movie to show my dad when I visit him in Florida. I liked The Monument Men to and really didn't know anything at all about the arts, it was fascinating. Actually my husband hasn't seen it yet and it just arrived on Netflix so I will watch it again this week. Have a great week.....

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14