Monday, July 1, 2013

Happy Fourth of July

 
Posted by Picasa
Since we will be celebrating the 4th this week, I thought it would be fun to share my Patriotic decor with you. When you come up to our porch, these lovely flowers will great you.
 
Posted by Picasa
I love these little bears; the smaller one I fell in love with due to his vintage look and brought him home last week.
 
Posted by Picasa
Isn't he just darling!
 
Posted by Picasa
 
Posted by Picasa
Most of these decorations are so old; this is still one of my favorites.
 
Posted by Picasa
 
Posted by Picasa
It was such fun to play with my table setting; I would love to have cobalt blue dishes, but alas some cute paper plates had to make do.
 
Posted by Picasa
I love my America sign, so added that it and I think it is the perfect touch. Seeing so many friends in blogland decorating for the 4th inspired me. What about you-do you decorate for holidays and different seasons?
I hope you had a lovely weekend and aren't wilting under the high temps we've all been experiencing.  My sweet man got back from his trip and both grandpups went home, so Hunter is back to being top dog here.  I've already walked and just have chores to catch up on today.
I hope you have a peaceful day~
Noreen & Hunter

14 comments:

  1. Very patriotic! Dad will put his flag our but that's about all we do for decorations. We will go to the parade so everyone can say how cute we are. BUTT we are just melting for now!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley
    Ambassadors of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful decorations! I have a lot of "Americana" out at all times of the year, I confess! Love the planter on your porch!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fun to see these.....our kitchen has a few red white and blue decorations, flags, etc. year round. Enjoy your fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed seeing your decs. Yes, I have a little something for most seasons and holidays. Just kind of fun. I don't have much for the fourth though. A little wooden flag out front by my front door in a pot. A wreath on the door, and my header is my only 4th of July dec in my house. It sits on the table in the entry hall. Hope your day was good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Noreen and Hunter... and thanks so much for visiting today... and YES, Hunter needs his Fourth of July bandana on!... your patriotic decor is all so beautiful, love all the red, white and blue!... and now, your post has reminded me of something... I have two little Boyds Bears (or maybe they are Russ?) that are all decked out in red white and blue... going to go get them and set them out right now!... Happy 4th to you too!... xoxo Julie Marie and Tessy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noreen,

    Oh how I love this decor! Americana mixed with primitives is my favorite! I have it year round. Everything looks so pretty and festive! Great job!

    Enjoy your summer and Independence Day!

    Hugs,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...not sure if my comment went through or not...if it didn't...just want to say that I LOVE your Americana! I love it year round!

    Happy Summer!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Noreen.. I love it.. for me I just don't have it in me this year I just put a wreath and a flag.. its way too Hot... Hugs Marissa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are celebrating Canada Day here. Have a few pictures on my blog. Our birthday is just a few days before yours. Will answer your e-mail tomorrow. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice decorations. As you may have already guessed from the Christmas posts last year, my MOM does not decorate. Not for anything (although we do have that little tiny tree). But for the most most part she does not decorate. Something about having to take it all down.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  11. Noreen! I just love all of those beautiful decorations!! There is just something special about little teddy bears...thank you for your kind words...xo Jeanne, Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Noreen:

    Your home looks so festive. Here too, American flags are such a fun and meaningful way to decorate for the 4th. I think I paid 2 for $1.50 at Michael's, and dotted my outside garden with flags and stuck them in the greenery inside. Everywhere I look, it makes me smile!! (Even more so as all the kids and their kids are coming)

    Happy 4th!

    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  13. How pretty. I have to say that I don't do much seasonal decorating (other some Christmas decorating). I love the items I have out on display year-'round too much to take them down, even for a short time. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty Noreen! I love all of your Americana decor! I love to put out mine too!!!
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14