Friday, February 17, 2012

Happy Friday to you!  Oh what a beautiful day it is here in northern California.  We have had a great time so far; we arrived on Wednesday and settled in with my brother and sil.  They had fresh crab and artichokes for us that night-so yummy!  We also got to visit hubby's mom in her assisted living facility; I was so blessed because she was so excited to see me.  She has dementia and although I'm not sure if she knew who we were, to see her so animated was so good.  Yesterday hubby hung out with his brother while I went shopping with my sil, Sue.  We walked through Los Gatos, Los Altos and Mt. View; mostly it was just window shopping but the weather was perfect and just being with her made my heart sing.  We had another incredible dinner last night-I'm eating way too much!  Today we head down to Santa Cruz and Carmel for two days to see my best friend from high school. I only see her every year and a half or so, so I can't wait. I know we'll get into mischief of some sort.  I hope you've had a wonderful week and that you are looking forward to the weekend.
Blessings, Noreen

7 comments:

  1. Good morning! I was hoping it was as gorgeous up there as it is down here. Soo nice out. Glad all is going well. Carmel is so pretty girl...is that where you grew up? What a treat. Enjoy every minute....I'm covering you in prayer...HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that your visit to your MIL went well. Hope you have a wonderful time visiting your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are having a wonderful time on your trip....Don't forget to take some pictures so we can see too.....

    Have fun...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a great time...have visited northern California once and thought it was beautiful..enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a treat to be able to spend some time in the beautiful state of CA. I am sure your heart was touched by the fact that your MIL was happy to see you. At times like that in their lives, each action brings joy. Sounds like you are having some memorable moments. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds wonderful!
    Glad your visit is going well (o:

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14