Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fun Times with Friends and furbabies

Last week we headed to Carmel Valley to spend two days and nights with dear friends(my best friend in high school); although I didn't get a chance to take photos in Carmel(sorry friends) as Aletha and I were too busy shopping. I absolutely love Carmel, it is so quaint and so dog friendly!  I thought I'd share the photos we took at Aletha's home; of course I need to share pics of her two furbabies.

Tucker is a 13 yr old Jack Russell terrier who still continually wants to play ball; he is always at your feet with a toy.  He is so cute and still in great shape for a senior dog.
This is a pup that only a momma could love-Ruby is just two and a mix of a Chihuahua and wire hair terrier.  Ruby has been entered in an Ugly Dog Contest and didn't win-I wonder what the winner looked like; she has the sweetest temperament and is a love to have around.

Aletha and I on their deck over looking Carmel Valley.  Being at her house is like being at a retreat and it is always so much fun catching up.  Its been a year and a half since we visited last and although they were in the middle of a kitchen remodel, she pampered us with her gourmet dinners/meals.  She is also gluten free and so we were able to have desserts that both of us could eat.
Here are our two babes.  John is on the left with Dave on the right; they actually golfed at a private club and had a great time. One of their neighbors is Bobbie Clampett,PGA player and now an announcer for major tournaments; he not only got them a tee time but also comped the whole round.  The guys were in heaven!
We had such fun with them; Aletha and I were pretty good about not spending too much money.  We used to get into such trouble shopping but now just enjoy our time looking.

We came home to wind gusts of almost 50 miles an hour and cold temps; we even had some hail with the wind during the night. Today was busy-I had my ladies study and my dear man went and got our Reggie from the kennel.  I've got laundry going and we have to hit the store yet but There Is No Place Like Home!

4 comments:

  1. That is a long time to remain friends!
    My neice lived in Carmel for a couple of years. My sis loved the shops too. And I love Clint Eastwood! Is he still living there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two gals look like teenagers!!! What fun it is to spend such quality time with dear friends. I tell you, the older I get, the more I cherish it.
    Looked and sounded like heaven. My husband would have been so thrilled with the golf too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home but it sure looks like ya'll had a time and a half with your friends and their fur babes.

    'Glad ya'll had such a fun and safe trip.

    God bless and have a terrific day sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you had a great time ... and that you're now back to your Home Sweet Home ... and reunited with your Reggie.

    Yes, I baste my quilts because I use a 15" lap hoop ... with the basting, I do not have to worry about a pin being right where I need to place my hoop. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14