Monday, August 17, 2020

A New Kitchen Gadget

Happy Monday to you! It is hard to believe that summer is almost over; although for many of us we still have plans to enjoy every last day. Autumn is my absolute favortie season, but it always passes too quickly and winter comes roaring in. I am not one for getting the latest kitchen gadget, however my daughter uses her Insta Pot all the time and loves it. I also have other friends who use it for camping and says it is so great to put something in it in the morning and when you get back from hiking, you dinner is ready. Hubby and I are hoping to do some longer trips next summer and I thought it would be worth it to get a mini Insta Pot. Tomorrow night I'm going to try Mongolian Beef with Broccoli and hope it is as good as the recipe looks.

 

I grew up with a Pressure Cooker and never had any issues with using one, but I know several people that won't use them due to bad experiences. This Insta Pot has settings for Pressure Cooker, Saute, Slow Cooker as well as stews, chili, soups,  rice, steam, delay start, and yogurt.   I spent some time on Pinterest today looking for recipes and hope this will become a big part of our camping trips.
What about you, do you have one?  I got the mini size because it is just the two of us.  If you don't have one, do you want to get one.  I'm hoping it won't be like other items I got(Ice Cream Maker and Rice Cooker)that I gave away for the simple reason I never used them.  
Here in Colorado there are five wildfires going and our air is so hazy.  It was so bad out yesterday at our outside church service, that I'm sure some folks were having a hard time breathing.  
Have a great day and week!
Noreen

2 comments:

  1. My daughter loves her Instapot and gave it to me when she got a Ninja Foodie. (Which air fries, pressure cooks and slow cooks.) I haven't used the Instapot yet, although I've had it for awhile now. I also have an Ice Cream Maker that I never use.! My rice cooker, however, I love and use all of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband bought a different brand of "insta post" and honestly I hate it because all of the recipes out there are for the Insta Pot and this pot has different settings. I want to sell this one and buy the Insta Pot. We did however after me refusing for a long time get an air fryer and I tell you, I cooked a 6 pound whole chicken in it last week and it came out incredible! the skin was crispy and the meat was juice even the breast! And all of the fats and oils were in the bottom of the air fryer and the chicken wasn't sitting in it. I'm not one for newest appliances either but I do like this air fryer.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14