Friday, January 18, 2019

Forty Fabulous Years with Eleanor Burns

Happy Friday to you. I hope your week has been productive and that you are ready for the weekend. As you know, I finished all my quilt projects and now our mini-group has a challenge. We decided to use Eleanor Burns new book Forty Fabulous Years and make a quilt of our choosing. With 12 of us making different sizes and colors, it will be fun to see at the end of the challenge. I haven't seen Eleanor Burns in person, but she is a hoot. An icon in the quilting world, she brings fun and craziness to making quilts. I have made several of her quilts before and am really looking forward to our challenge. Each month our leader demonstrates two blocks and we all go home and make them before the next meeting. She is known for wearing a boa during her lectures and also throwing scraps over her shoulder.
A friend and I love the same fabrics-namely Kansas Troubles; we went shopping together and got very similar fat quarters. It will be fun to see how each of our squares end up; I've already seen one of hers and although we have the same colors, the different fabrics make the blocks look totally different. Here is my first block; I've made a similar block before but for some reason this one was a bit tougher-you needed to be so precise.
Here is a block that was quite easy to put together.  We don't have our next meeting until the second week of February, but I'm glad to have them done.
I sent my daughter a photo today and she said how much it looks like the Log Cabin quilt I made for our bed three years ago.  I'm making a lap size, unless I get to the end and decide to make it a smidge bigger.  I'm very happy with how they turned out.
Today we've been to the gym already~weight machines and 3.5 miles on the bike.  Now we are getting ready to go out to lunch with in-laws.  It's raining and snow is scheduled to fall around noon.
Tonight we will be with Kim's family as she and her hubby are going out to celebrate their 16 anniversary; where has the time gone?  Tomorrow her hubby and oldest daughter are running in a 5K and doing a polar bear plunge.  We are planning on going unless it is snowing heavily. They will run regardless-burr!
Have a great day today!
Blessings and joy,
Noreen

1 comment:

  1. I agree - Eleanor Burns is a hoot! I really used to enjoy watching her show on TV.
    Your blocks both look wonderful! The colors in your KS Troubles fabrics are what I call my "comfort" colors. You know -- if there can be comfort food, there should be comfort colors, too. :)
    Happy quilting!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14