Thursday, January 3, 2019

A First Quilt

For those who know me well, they will testify to the fact that I adore all of our grandchildren.  We have sleepovers on a regular basis, in fact tomorrow night we are supposed to have our 8 girls over.  You may also remember that I taught the four oldest granddaughters sewing for a  year and a half.  Carrie's oldest(Miss F)made her first quilt a year ago and Miss O(age 11) pictured above, wasn't quite sure whether she wanted to make one.  Imagine my surprise last summer when she told me she found one that she wanted to make and already purchased the fabrics.  We began- it seems so long ago, and got it all cut out, put together and machine quilted.  Before we knew it, summer was over and school was starting again.  I promised her we'd get together over Christmas vacation and we did.  Last week we spent one afternoon together and she quilted for over three hours.  Today we got together and made binding and got it on; here she is with it all finished.  It looks so much like her; I love the fabric she picked.  It was a lot of work and I'm sure that time will pass before she decides(if she decides)to make another one.  I'm so proud of her!  I told her that enjoyed spending time with her the most.  It is so fun to see granddaughters try to make something creative.  I never did at this age.
Hope your week has been peace filled and that  your weekend will bring you rest.  Our temp tomorrow is supposed to be 50 degrees and I'm hoping to walk in the afternoon.
Joy to you!
Noreen

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! This is the best of the best; congratulations to both you and Miss O! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt and she'll always remember this beautiful memory and keep it and treasure it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14