Friday, May 1, 2015

Fun With Dogs

Happy Friday to you! I truly think that this new month of May is going to fly by at an incredible speed, we've got so many things on the calendar. I mentioned the other day I was heading to see my California girlfriend, who is dog sitting for her brother. My friend's brother breeds English Springers, for hunting. In the past, she's had between 14-18 dogs to care for. Let me say, most of them are in a full kennel, but Cyndi has to exercise them(let them run the 10 acre property)every couple of hours. I was happy to see that this time she only had nine to watch. They are wonderful dogs, but when you have so many together there are bound to be skirmishes. In the past, I've spent several nights with her each visit, but won't be this time due to allergies. I was fine the other day when we were outside, but once I sat down in the house I got very congested. This dog was one from the first time I met the dogs; a sweetheart and long gone. There are always new dogs/pups to get to know; this time there were two frisky 1.5 yr old pups. I now know firsthand why hunting/working dogs need to be exercised and worked-they are just happier when they are. There was one dog, I believe I helped with the whelping, that I would love to have; he is such a love and just wants to be by your side the entire time. I am blessed that my girlfriend comes out to dog sit; it always give us a chance to visit. She is about 45 minutes away; if she were closer I'd spend more time with her and the dogs.

Petrol is our daughter's family dog; a typical Schnauzer, loving and obedient but she grumbles at the other dogs too. She will be here this weekend, as the family is headed to the Springs; Hunter will be so happy!

My little guy, will love having his cousin here. I imagine they will settle down after a few hours of play.

 Last night one son-in-law took the oldest boys to the movies, hubby and the other son-in-law went to a HOA meeting so the girls and little man went to get ice cream. You would have thought the girls hadn't seen each other in months; they couldn't stop talking or giggling. After dessert we walked through target together and got some smiles from shoppers.  When you have eight little girls giggling and laughing and thoroughly loving each other, it would be tough not to smile.
It is cloudy here today with showers later on; I'm praying the rain stays away because our oldest daughter's family is working on landscaping today-with boulders, rocks, trees and lots of dirt being delivered as well as curbing being put in.  They have been working on the yard for the last six months and it is getting close to being done. I'll be  taking photos once it is close to completion.
I hope you have a fabulous weekend!
Hugs,
Noreen

12 comments:

  1. 8 little girls giggling and smiling in Target would be a welcome sight to see and how nice you visited with your friend who is dog sitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noreen, That's a lots of dogs...I could never do it. Your little dog is so cute. I bet hearing those kids laughing was nice. Hope your weekend is wonderful. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We would love to live on a puppy farm but there would be a problem with any of them leaving. Sigh . . . Beautiful weather here!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite dogs are English springer spaniels. I absolutely love them and wish I had the room to have one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL- That's a LOT of dogs! I don't think I could do it myself...but I sure could handle 8 giggling little girls in Target. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm smiling just thinking of a gaggle of giggling girls. You are so lucky (says the one with no grandchildren at all).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I'd be like a kid in a candy shop with all those dogs to play with :) Perhaps I'd be like your 8 giggling girls in Target!!!

    I hope the intense hail missed you, given the landscaping. It was very big and loud up here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My parents raised springer spaniels for show during my high school years. Just loved them so much! I hope you enjoy a beautiful weekend! Blessings, Cindy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. One word, Fun! fun! fun!
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely blog, i see many blogs on internet true others and so i found yours...i follow most of the time blogs with the same hobbys as i have...just for fun, when i have time...thanks for sharing, will visit again..blessings

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I'd handle the dogs more easily than 8 little girls! LOL. Sounds like a wonderful time!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Noreen. Popping in to say a long overdue hi! I have been a very bad blogger! I have missed you.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14