Friday, May 15, 2015

Garage Sale Time

Happy Friday Friends~During spring, I always join my best friend Kam, to go to garage sales. I never was an avid shopper before moving here,but once I started going with Kam, I loved it. It might have been just hanging out with her or the fact that she loves to get a good deal, but this is about the fourth year I've been spending Friday mornings with her. Since we moved, I scaled back-too much stuff to pack up; even though I have no intentions of moving again, I still don't want to get carried away and buy things we don't need. So this morning, bright and early, we hit my neighborhood sale; she is looking for wedding items for her daughter's summer wedding and I just was looking. I only found two items, but it was fun to get out with her. The Iron scroll piece on the wall was one items that I couldn't pass up-it was so cheap. We have several of these decorations and I can tell you that when you buy them at a store, they aren't cheap. I love how it looks above our entry way table.
The bowl is new; I had a decorator plate there before but the colors were wrong(yes, I'm one of those gals), so hubby and I found this and I love it.
This basket full of sunflowers spoke to my heart, so I couldn't resist.  I have several pieces of sunflowers I put out in the summer and this will probable be on a counter or the table on the deck outside.  I've never considered myself a "yellow" person, but this house lends itself to more earth tones and my sunflowers.
My girlfriend from Ca. is due any minute; she flies home tomorrow and it will be nice to spend a little bit of time with her before she heads home.  We have friends coming for dinner and cards, it should be such fun.
May your weekend be filled with joy!
Noreen

6 comments:

  1. Noreen, What a fun time with your friend. I like going to yard sales, I just don't get to often. I miss my best friend. My sisters and daughters are my friends now. I love your finds. You did very well. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! We need to have a garage sale!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love yard saling too. Looks like you got some pretty cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I SO love garage sales. Our season is coming to an end, it's getting too hot, but I'll be back out there in the fall! Enjoy your two new pieces! Have a beautiful weekend! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sunflowers ... the colors in our house lend themselves to sunflowers as well. I need to incorporate more this summer! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful additions to your home!
    Have a wonderful time with your friend!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14