Thursday, December 20, 2012

Doll Clothes

Well my friends, the simple idea of making some doll clothes for our granddaughters sounded easy enough, but girls let me tell you that I am not a seamstress by any stretch of the imagination. I love to quilt but seriously remembered why I don't sew clothing-it is just too involved for me. If I had someone beside me who sews clothing or doll clothing, it probably would have been easier; but I am thankful the last snap has been sewn on and I just need to press them and clip any stray threads. I'm thankful that the oldest granddaughters are just seven and won't be looking too closely. It was fun and I think if I had more time I could get into it. Give me a quilt any day.
 
Simple nighties for three of the girls; the other two granddaughters each get one that I bought at a craft fair.Posted by Picasa
 
A little embellishment covers a multitude of design flaws. Posted by Picasa
 
These two dresses are my favorites!  I love the peasant look of these dresses.  I have so much fabric I can see trying more, when I'm not in a time crunch.  I also got to try some stitches on my machine for the hemline that I haven't tried before; a border of flowers and hearts will bring joy to any little girl.  
Now I've got to lay out all the stockings and start wrapping presents for each grand and then comes cleaning our guest room-which should have a sign outside that says Disaster Area. You really don't want to see my sewing room, it has fabric everywhere.  Oh well, I am just glad to be finished.
Posted by PicasaTonight we are going out with friends for a lite dinner of appetizers at a seafood restaurant-yumm.  Tomorrow we have our girlie tea party with the seven granddaughters and our two girls; I've got to make a pound cake now. I have two craft projects to make with the girls, which should be fun. I hope I can get some photos.  I hope you have a wonderful afternoon and evening.
Joy to you! Noreen & Hunter

12 comments:

  1. I love the doll clothes. I'm sure the girls will all think they are very special. I still have some of the doll clothes my mother made for me a very long time ago and I really cherish them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noreen- Those clothes look adorable. From here I can't see a single design flaw. They look great. I learned to sew by making doll clothes and I love to make them but none of our girls really play with dolls-more's the pity.

    Have fun on your evening out- I have one last gift to finish and I am DONE! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the doll clothes. I know the girls will love them too, and you did a great job! How I wished we lived closer...I could walk you through some sewing projects, and you could teach me to quilt! I'd love to learn. Your tea sounds fun. Enjoy! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. The clothes look great. Did you try them on Hunter. Hehehhe. I would pay good kibble money to see that.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet doll clothes!! You could of fooled me they look professional!! Your grand-daughters will love and enjoy dressing their babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you did a great job to us . . . regular ol' Betsy Ross!

    Stay Calm And Bark On,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH you did such a great job. Those are so very cute. And ignore Goose, Hunter, you don't have to wear the doll clothes....

    Seriously Goose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those doll clothes are so, so cute! I used to sew clothing for DD, but after so many years of making straight 1/4" seams, I'm so out of that habit (I tried to make an apron for T#2 for her 5th birthday, and even though it was a very simple pattern, I struggled a lot with it). ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Noreen, I think you did a wonderful job on the doll clothes! Much better than I would have--smile.
    I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a great job! And yes, clothes sewing is SO different from quilting! Tiny doll clothing is even harder! Kudos and I'm sure the girls will be thrilled!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable doll clothes! They do indeed look professional!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! These dolls clothes are stunning. These made me wish I know how to sew. But I guess I could try making those nighties. It seems easy to make.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14