Sunday, October 14, 2012

Happy Sunday to you~We are enjoying cool and windy fall weather today. Before obedience class yesterday, I ran to the pet store again to get a jacket that would fit him, just in case we were training outside in the rain.  I will take some pics this next week and post them. Due to the heavy rain in the morning, the trainer had the class in her garage.  I will take some pics this next week and post them. It made it so much nicer  being inside and he actually got to do a little bit of beginner/basic agility that was aimed more at his gaining confidence rather than learning agility. That isn't too say though, that I wouldn't love him to learn some agility-I think it is great exercise for him and me.  We continued to work on stay and wait, sit-stay(for 2 minutes) and leave it-with a hot dog no less.  I never realized before that the command "leave-it" means they may never pick an item up or touch it-ever(this may vary with different trainers).  In our case, it happened to be pieces of hot dog-you talk about temptation, but he seemed to grasp the concept.  At home, those items I will work with him on are Kleenex and laundry, he loves to go into our laundry basket and pull out my items.  So much of his antics are puppy, but I prefer not to have my undergarments dragged throughout the house.  Hunter met two very nice cats and he was interested in them but didn't try to get them to play.  The bigger dogs are learning that they need to be careful  and gentle with our guy.  Next week is our last class of this session and then we will start his next session sometime between Nov.-Jan.  I am also teaching him "place"which can be a mat or a bed to go to, so he can wait to greet people until I've released him or to get him to stop huffing at the cabinet that holds his food.  Sounds funny but remember this is the dog that sneezes at me to get my attention and believe it or not, he does huff.  This week he will get to spend three days with Lilly, while hubby and I run to the mountains.   
I will be checking in on you all but the condo doesn't have wifi so I won't be posting. I am hoping we do get some lovely fall colors and no snow-however there has been snow in the high country this weekend, so we will see.
I hope you have a wonderful day today; hubby had to go to the golf course early so I will be sewing and maybe doing some of my bible study.
Remember to seize the moment; life goes by to fast.
Hugs, Noreen

13 comments:

  1. Not taking the hot dog ...
    Not taking the hot dog ...
    I don't think we could do that one. It's just asking too much. Hunter is doing great if he learns that one!
    Have a great Sunday!
    Play bows,
    Zim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Hunter is doing well. I don't think our golden or our lab would have ever gotten the leave-it with a hot dog! Good boy, Hunter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two minute stays!?!?!?!? Wow - we will be 87 years old before we can stay for 2 minutes! Our collars off to Hunter! And "Leave it" with a hot dog? Oh, we are feeling his pain! We learned that command with a certain biscuit but a hot dog? Oh, THAT would be soooo hard! Hunter is working very hard. He needs lots of presents and maybe some steak!

    Your friends,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comment---
    Here are some huggs from me.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go!!! A two minute stay, and "leaving" a hot dog - those are both big achievements.

    Good job Hunter!

    We were up high today, above 10,000', and it is winter up there. Snow on the ground and cold wind blowing out of the west. Enjoy your mountain getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful, love your blog I always feel very refreshed when visiting and reading here, sorry I am not here more often trying to work on that and get back to blogging myself. Have a great day. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish we could feel some of that fall weather here! I guess we will eventually. It sounds like Hunter (or maybe his mistress) is making good progress!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Noreen...sounds like you have quite a lot going on and I hope your trip to the mountains was everything you dreamed it would be! We have a problem because we have no one to watch the girls. If my husband and I both need to go somewhere...one of us stays home. They just will not eat or sleep or do anything if I am not at home. Sounds like the training is coming along! Sorry I haven't been by to comment very much...my father's funeral was over the weekend and we had alot of family in from out of town.
    Hugs,
    Jeanne, Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Hunter!
    Remember Dave's post about the treats? We heard back from our friend Lori at Hill's. She wanted our readers to know how much she and Hill's loved reading about Dave and me with our treats, and she also appreciated the terrific responses of our readers. To show their appreciation, they'd like to send some of our readers treats, too! If you're interested, please send your blog name, your name, and your address to our mom at bagsbyKZK@gmail.com. Probably your mom's name, too. Thanks!
    Play bows,
    Zim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhhhh, a Fall mountain getaway. Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am praying that you are having a wonderful time away! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is fun reading about Hunter's obedience classes. I don't know how well our dog would do with the "leave it" command--especially with a hot dog. Perhaps I can get him to stop raiding our trashcans though! :) Hope you're having a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14