Thursday, September 18, 2008

In all things give thanks

Today is Thankful Thursday and there are so many things I am thankful for; the list could go on and on.
On my drive home from my girls' house I was listening to one of my favorite CD's called 'Valley of Vision'(these are songs for worship inspired by the book of Puritan Prayers) and singing about thankfulness. So this day I am thankful that:

You were broken that I might be healed
You were cast off that I might draw near
You were thirsty that I might come drink
Cried out in anguish that I might sing

How deep is Your love
How high and how wide is Your mercy
How deep is Your grace
Our hearts overflow with praise
To You

You knew darkness that I might know light
Wept great tears that mine might be dried
Stripped of glory that I might be clothed
Crushed by Your Father to call me Your own

How deep is Your love
How high and how wide is Your mercy
How deep is Your grace
Our hearts overflow with praise
To You

This says it all; I pray that in your life your heart might overflow with praise to Him who is worthy to be praised.

"Always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father". Eph.5:20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14