Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Best of Friends


This last weekend John and I spent time with our dear friends, the best of friends, for several days. We were spoiled by their gracious hospitality and generosity; Jim and Barbara, on the right, took us to an actual castle near Calistoga Ca. Since we have never been to Europe this was an incredible experience for us, transporting our imaginations to Italy. This castle is new but the stones and bricks came from Italy and are hundreds of years old. The owner spent time in Europe as he was growing up and decided to build an authentic castle here in the U.S. What a treat it was!!!
Of course being back in the vineyards caused us to miss the beauty of the area and all the pampering by Jim and Barbara really made us miss their being right next door. However, now we have trips to go on together and adventures for the future. The bond of friendship means we are never more than a heartbeat away. True friends make life so much richer, even when you are losing at cards.

3 comments:

  1. Good Evening Noreen ~

    This is my first visit to your website. I have enjoyed reading your posts and just wanted you to know how much of an inspiration you are. I read your comment on Sharon's website. ~ The Shepherds House. ~

    Simple blessings to you!

    Hugs ~
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teri, Thanks for visiting my site and I so appreciate your comments.
    May the Lord richly bless you this day.
    In Him,
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Noreen,

    It looks like such a lovely time you and your husband enjoyed! How wonderful that you could spend this time enjoying family and friends ~ such a blessing from the Lord! And a trip to the castle too! I'm sure many memories were made to treasure!

    Blessings to you,

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14