Monday, September 15, 2008

The Simple Woman Monday 9/15


FOR TODAY (September 15th)...


Outside My Window... I'm seeing signs of fall. The wind is slight, the sky blue, the air crisp and clear. Early mornings are much cooler and the days are getting shorter. I'm still hearing crickets and will miss their song when the season grows cold. Our days start out without a cloud in the sky but usually by the afternoon the clouds have rolled in. It is interesting learning the signs of seasons in a new state.
I am thinking... I'm glad that our daughter Kim has an O.B. appt. today, I'm wondering if she is showing signs of the upcoming birth of their wee one.
I am thankful for... God's grace that saved me and calls me His own. I am also so grateful for His Word and the many blessings in my life. I am thankful that we live in a country where we can worship our Lord without persecution.
From the kitchen... I am thinking about how to prepare left over chicken that will be healthy and low calorie. I am also thinking about canning applesauce this next Sat. with the grandkids.

I am wearing...leggings and a t-shirt for now but will probably put jeans on later.
I am creating... memories. I hope to begin hand quilting my latest wall hanging tonight.
I am going... to drive Kim to her appt. this morning or possibly watch her two girls while hubby drives her.
I am reading...The Bravehearted Gospel by Eric Ludy. This book is very thought provoking and also written by a friend.
I am hoping... that I can find the right fabric for the baby's quilt when he/she enters the world.
I am hearing
the clanging of the dogs' collars and they wander around this morning looking for our guests; I also hear the shower running which means I need to get breakfast started.

Around the house... I am seeing traces of having had family here all weekend, reminders of how precious our time together is; wishing they weren't so far away.
One of my favorite things... Worshipping my Lord-I love to put on Praise music and sing, sing my heart out to Him.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: I need to have a tooth pulled on Tuesday and hope I bounce back right away just in case we have a new little one born this week.
Here is picture thought I am sharing These are the four men in my life...(from left to right) My big brother Rich, son-in-law Eric, husband John and son-in-law Brent-my adventurers. When my brother was here for a visit the guys took him on a 20 mile bike ride. Way to go Rich!!!! I'm so blessed by each of them.



Go see Peggy http://www.thesimplewoman.com/

1 comment:

  1. I think of the four horsemen when I look at this picture. They all seemed to have such a great time together.
    S

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14