Thursday, January 5, 2012

From My Library

On a recent trip to Estes Park I stopped at my favorite quilt shop, Cottage Bliss, and I found this new Amish book.  As you know, I love Amish stories and I had never heard of Dianne Christner before, but I am so glad that I found this book. Dianne was raised in a Mennonite church and her grandparents were Amish; her cousin owns Cottage Bliss and that is why this book was featured there.  In many ways, this story shows a different side of the simple life and actually centers around a Mennonite community.  The story line is about a young woman who struggles with the outside influence from the Englishers and those influences that have penetrated her church.  A love story and story of community relationships, the book held my interest and I couldn't put it down. There are many views that I have also held and understand but then of course there are some differences as well.  I would suggest this book to any who like reading about the Plain and Simple life.  I have not received anything from reviewing this book.  Enjoy!
Blessings, Noreen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14