Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Joy

As I sat pondering all that gives us joy, all those attitudes that I strive to cultivate, the ways I see the world~ I realized that these attitudes are chosen. I choose whether to accept and praise for the good and the bad, I choose whether to look at life either as half-full or half-empty, I choose my outlook.
One of my favorite painters is Thomas Kinkade and over the years loved ones have blessed me with his books as well. I was looking over one and saw something he said and it is so true.
"Decide that joy is the hue you want your heart to be. Then start making the little and large choices that over time will paint your heart happy."

There are times in our lives though that no matter how much you try to cultivate joy, the hardships seem to choke out anything but despair. In this world of chaos, in desperate times with the economy plummeting, cancer striking those near and dear, true Joy comes from One Source only...Jesus. When all else is uncertain we can truly lean upon Him and find true joy.

"These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may be in you and that your joy may be made full". John 15:11

2 comments:

  1. Very true! I like to remember this saying "Life is what you make it".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do seek to have joy in my life everyday. Tonight on our way home from the Denver area we saw a great orange full moon. I loved it and couldn't take my eyes off of it. The moon gave me Joy tonight. My granddaughters middle name is Joy.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14