Monday, January 6, 2020

The Rockies Were Calling

Happy Monday to you dear friends, I hope you had a wonderful weekend! For Christmas this year we gave both daughters families a weekend up in Estes Park; we have done this on a regular basis until we gave them a week in Southern California two years ago. Everyone was so excited to get this gift and it meant lots of fun times for all of us. Friday hubby and I left shortly after lunch so we could drive into Rocky Mountain National Park to see how deep the snow was. The conditions were cold, blue sky, snowing and so very windy. Part of the road in was closed due to heavy snow and gale force winds. He joked that we should get out and hike around one of our favorite trails, but  I quickly said "I don't think so".


This photo was taken yesterday after walking around Sprague Lake; it was much more compacted and an easy walk.  Her is our oldest Carrie with her hubby.
All of us at Bear Lake; what a workout it was.  The snow was about 2' deep and the wind was bitterly cold.



We spent Saturday afternoon, after a Starbucks visit, playing games before have a wonderful dinner together.  I also found a new store and bought a sign that reads Blessed Beyond Measure.
Yesterday we headed home mid morning, stopped at Costco and hubby and I went out to lunch.  The afternoon was spent doing laundry and just catching up with unpacking etc.  This week will be somewhat busy-back to the gym and an errand in the afternoon.  I've got to see my dentist for a cleaning on Wednesday and then on Friday we have our quilt mini group gathering. Saturday a close friend and I are taking a class at a store that is a year long club and each month we will make a new wall hanging.  Life is good and we are indeed blessed!
Hugs to you.
Noreen

1 comment:

  1. What a special time for your family and a COLD one. It looks beautiful and how great that you can get all your family together to share a time like that. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14