Monday, April 8, 2019

Catch UP

Happy Monday to you!  The birds are singing this morning, the sky is blue, warmer temps today and life is good.  The quilt above has been such a trial for me-while I love the colors and pattern that I got last spring in Kauai, the fabric ended up have something other than cotton in it and stretched. You can see the wobbles.  I was so frustrated with it, but it is for our grands to use for picnics at the park.  In fact, when it's done I'm handing it off to them.  Although in many ways, I'm not a perfectionist, I try to be and this has just bugged me so much.  I will get the dark green back on and call it good; if anything spills on it or if it gets stained, it's fine.  It's one of those projects that I would have just folded and put away.
On another note-six puppies have sold, so just one girl and the smaller male  have to find their forever homes.  I'm off to the gym today and plan to have a three mile walk later on as well.  I'm also working on a small project that I can't share as it is a little love gift for a friend.  I pray this finds you all well.
Joy to you!
Noreen

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt you crafted, and I'm sure it was frustrating dealing with the stretchy fabric! But your grands will enjoy it so much as a picnic blanket! So amazing that your little puppies are ready for their forever homes, they grow so fast! Have a wonderful week, and enjoy your walk :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt looks pretty comfy!

    Nanük

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is beautiful. Sorry for the trouble the fabric caused you. It will be well loved at picnics in the park.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks wonderful from here; but, as I have found, it's best to call it a day and move on. You're right to do that! No sense stressing and it will be a lovely and cheerful picnic quilt for very lucky picnickers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks just beautiful! I'm sure your grands will love it!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14