Saturday, March 31, 2018

Aloha my friends!  We arrived in paradise Thursday evening, after a very long travel time.  We arrived, settled in and went to one of our favorite grills.  My body doesn't adjust to flying too well and my ankles were quite swollen, despite walking the isles on the plane.  I had hoped that with all the exercise I've been doing that it might not occur, but no such luck.  Yesterday was  a good day~we met the one couple who are staying two doors down for a good breakfast, then hubby and Glenn went and played golf, while Peggy  and I walked along the beach.  The weather was so nice and when the guys got back we headed to the same grill and had dinner, then went to a local shopping center to listen to music.  We so enjoy their company and it always seems to be easy to pick up where we left off. When we lived in Ca. hubby worked and played golf with Glenn, but we didn't get together socially until we started coming here every two years.  Today it is pouring rain and keeping the guys home; tonight we will meet the other couple, Bob and Judy, for dinner at Duke's.  Peggy and I love this restaurant because they have an incredible roasted beet salad. The only thing I dislike about the islands is that mosquitos and no-seems have a feast when I'm here. I'm already covered in bites and went and got some cutter wipes to try to persuade them to leave me alone; I'm also taking antihistimine to help with the itching. The forecast is for rain the next week, so not sure what we will end up doing-mainly because it isn't just a light mist, but a true downpour.
Yesterday this beautiful fellow was on the lawn outside our patio, but I couldn't get my phone in time to catch him up close.
 This pic is for Val~I was surprised that the volunteer had left to go to another site down the beach-but one gal I talked to is going to join the group and was watching over her.

 This is what our view is today.  Right now it isn't bad, but earlier it was really coming down.
I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.
Happy Easter to you and yours.
Noreen

3 comments:

  1. We hope you have a wonderful time in paradise. Our human sister just got back from a 10 day trip to Hawaii with her husband and two young sons. They flew from Kansas to LA and spent a day there, then on to Hawaii. On the return they did the same through San Francisco. She said it really helped with the travel time and time zone adjustment.

    Enjoy.
    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Noreen! How nice that you guys are spending some time in Kauai! Sounds like a special place for you. I hope that the weather improves for you and wanted to wish you and your family a very Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the bug bites and the rain. Wishing you a lot of fun and relaxation!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14