Thursday, November 2, 2017

Hancock Shaker Village, Pittsfield MA

Greetings on this first Thursday in November! It's cold and foggy here and we've already been to the gym. Hubby and I have our routing down~45-50 minutes on weights and then if we are feeling energetic we may add in a mile on the treadmill. I am hoping to hit the treadmill and possibly eliptical tomorrow-but we'll see. I skipped yesterday and will probably make it up on Saturday. We are winding down the photos from our trip, though today's photos are only half of what we have from the Shaker Village. I have to say, for me, this was a highlight on the trip.  I was surprised to find out that unlike the Amish, the Shakers did use power and modern equipment.  Hancock was founded in 1783. I  hope you enjoy.
A round barn-very interesting.
This was a quilt they were raffling off and I loved the quilting.
Such a incredible garden; they have volunteers that still work the farm.


What a laundry set up.




It was a wonderful Village.
Off to run errands, see you tomorrow.
Noreen

3 comments:

  1. Mom says you weren't too far from where she grew up in Western MA. The Berkshires are so beautiful, especially in the fall.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fascinating pictures, Noreen.....fun to see the way it was there....laundry is a lot easier now, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14